|Announcing new Vernal Pool eCRAM data entry forms and Field Books
New Version 6.2 eCRAM Data Entry Forms and Field Books for Vernal Pool Systems and Individual Vernal Pools have been released on the CRAM website (www.cramwetlands.org
). The new Field Books are available on the Resources & Documents page
and should be utilized in future vernal pool assessments.
The release of these new products follow protocols described in the CRAM QA plan and the CRAM Technical Bulletin
. The updates to the Vernal Pool Version 6.2 module are based upon validation studies conducted at vernal pools throughout California. Validation and module updates are helping CRAM to remain one of the best studied and tested rapid assessment methods in the country.
Changes between Version 6.1 and 6.2 are listed separately for Vernal Pool Systems and Individual Vernal Pools in the “Changes” documents, which can be found on the website alongside the Field Books and data forms. Some of the notable changes include:
- Reduced the number of pool replicates from 6 to 3 for Vernal Pool Systems
- Adjusted the Aquatic Area Abundance values in each scoring bin
- Updated the calculation of Pool and Swale Density
- Updated some Structural Patch Type definitions
- Added a new Topographic Complexity figure