November 1, 2016
Dear Cornerstone Church Family,
At our September 11th Congregation Meeting, church members in attendance, voted to begin a project called “Sanctuary Refresh”. This project was proposed to be completed in two phases. The first phase includes the construction of a much needed larger platform (which we are already enjoying), new stage lighting, and fabric on the walls behind the worship team to help with acoustics. The new stage looks great and allows for our Worship Team and Pastor Greg to move around freely. It also adds a more professional setting for our upcoming drama and music productions. This phase was completed at a total cost of $28,500.
Phase two has not been started as of yet, but our hope is to have it completed by Easter 2017. The total cost for Phase 2 is $71,000 of which, $20,500 has already been designated through generous gifts with the majority of it from the Emogene Elmquist Memorial fund. This second phase will include new flooring, new lighting, paint, a coffee cart, and sound booth improvements. We would like to raise the additional $50,500 needed before we start Phase 2 in February by having all funds collected by the end of January 2017.
The committee for the project asks that you please prayerfully consider ways for you to participate with our Phase 2 Refresh. Here’s how:
- Join us for the December 18th Christmas Play. We will be having a silent auction, with all funds raised going to the Refresh. Stay tuned to hear more about this……
- Complete a commitment card. Commitment cards are located in the church foyer and can be mailed to church or dropped in the collection bag, any time before November 27th. This will help us to be able to plan on funds prior to the end of January.
- Write a check now for all or part of your commitment. Be sure to memo it with “Refresh Project”, so it will not go into the general offering account.
- Donate online by clicking on the 'Give Online" button below this message. This will allow you to put the donation amount onto a credit or debit card. Be sure to designate that this donation is to go towards the Sanctuary Refresh.
- Pray for guidance on your giving, our church, and our growth for the future. If we are unable to raise the total funds, we will look only at basic sanctuary clean up with the funds raised.
Thank you. We welcome your questions and suggestions.
Your humble servants,
Joyce Ibanez Marlene Stante
209-404-5567 209-669-8223 (evenings)