Welcome to the third issue of Transform Nutrition e-news. Transform Nutrition is a consortium of five international research and development partners. Using research-based evidence we aim to inspire effective action to address undernutrition.
2014 keeping the momentum for nutrition
Transform Nutrition CEO Stuart Gillespie blogs in The Guardian
about the momentum created for nutrition in 2013 and why nutrition projects have the potential to improve the lives of vast numbers of children, as long as we learn from past successes and failures.
Nutrition summer school 2014
The Transforming Nutrition Summer School at IDS
will take place this year from July 14-18 in Brighton, UK. This year's theme: what does accountability mean for nutrition and how we can all do this better? The course is aimed at policy makers, influencers and practitioners from across the world.
Transform Nutrition seminar series at IDS
The Nutrition Group
at the Institute of Development Studies and Transform Nutrition
host a seminar series
which presents ideas and research findings in nutrition and international development. All seminars are now being live streamed. See here
for summaries and opportunities to watch again.
Transform Nutrition is a consortium of five international research and development partners funded by the UK government. Over 5 years, from 2012-2017, Transform Nutrition aims to transform thinking and action on nutrition and strengthen nutrition-relevant evidence in order to accelerate undernutrition reduction in South Asia and sub-Saharan Africa. For more information, please visit www.transformnutrition.org
- 10 blogs to follow on nutrition One Goal Asia
- The economic rationale for investing in undernutrition The Guardian Improving Nutrition hub, 28 January
- Top 10 tweeters on nutrition The Guardian Global Development Professionals Network Improving Nutrition hub, 22 January
- Tackling malnutrition in India: the role of higher education The Guardian Improving Nutrition hub, 20 January
- Transform Nutrition named as one of the Food Tank 101 Organisations to Watch in 2014, 10 January
- Call for shake-up in Africa nutrition research, IRIN 24 February cites Lawrence
- Africa: The Economic Rationale for Investing in Stunting Reduction - a Useful Graphic, All Africa 7 January
- Food security: Facts and figures scidev.net
- The economic rationale for investing in stunting reduction: a useful graphic, Development Horizons 3 January
- Transforming Nutrition Summer School, July 14-18 at IDS, Development Horizons 20 January
- Nutrition Tweeters: More Needed, Development Horizons 22 January
- Ending Undernutrition: In Clear Sight?, Development Horizons 30 January
- Reflections on the SUNRAY findings: Time for an African Nutrition Research Consortium?, Development Horizons 31 January
- Catch up growth? Maybe, but what is catching up? Findings of a new paper, Development Horizons 25 February
- The ICN2: So far, too food focused, All Africa 14 March
- 2014: the year we defeat child hunger? Guardian’s Improving Nutrition hub 14 March