The Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), in addition to other public agencies, is jointly responsible for the regulation of ExxonMobil Chemical Limited and Shell UK Limited at Mossmorran.
This newsletter is part of SEPA’s commitment to update local communities on our formal regulation and review of unplanned flaring at the Mossmorran complex.
Further information on our investigation, our findings, our actions and next steps is available on SEPA’s dedicated Mossmorran hub at www.sepa.org.uk/mossmorran
The hub also contains information on common questions including:
- Who SEPA is working with regarding Mossmorran.
- Information related to monitoring activity.
- Why the flaring occurs.
- What the constituents of the flare are.
- What restrictions are applied.
- Why smoke can be produced.
- Health impacts and other local factors.
For further questions, please email email@example.com
- this account is monitored weekdays during office hours only.
Thank you, and remember SEPA’s 24 Hour Pollution Hotline is available on 0800 807 060 and is available to report environmental incidents, with information on how and what to report at www.sepa.org.uk/contact/