DEPARTMENT: Twin Group
JOB TITLE: Bid Manager
REPORTS TO: COO
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Bid writers, external bid writers, trainees
SALARY: Circa £55,000
HOURS: Full Time
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
This is a new role at Twin. Twin Group has positioned itself for growth in the Skills and Employability sectors through access onto the CAERHs DWP framework. In order to support us achieve our growth potential, we are looking for a dynamic, experienced, ambitious individual to drive business development, write winning bids and build our partnership engagement nationally.
To build strong local partnerships, strategic relationships and local knowledge to support our national sales and development pipeline. To identify and convert local sales opportunities across a variety of funded provision in different regions.
The role is split into three key areas:
- Identifying opportunities bidding directly for contracts and managing external bid writers and operations in developing successful bid submissions.
- Supporting operational excellence through identifying key partner/stakeholders, which will enhance our offer and improve performance.
- Take the lead on all bid development for: LEPS, ESFA, DWP, NCS, EISF funding, developing other funding streams and strategic alliances and partnerships. Through feeding in local intelligence, designing local partnership strategy and engaging with key stakeholders.
- Develop a professional, timely bidding process in order to ensure quality bids are submitted raising our win rates.
- Responsible for identifying new business and funding opportunities, maintaining and articulating developments in relevant public policy to support proactive product development
- Responsible for responding to Invitation to Tenders and researching new opportunities locally and nationally.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with the sub contractor network, provide expertise and maintain an awareness of developments within the sector.
- To be able to win new business through innovative service design through support from operations & skills teams
- Provide support to the operations team during handover, following contract award.
- To develop and manage the local regional relations, development plan and targets.
- Meet or exceed personal growth targets and objectives.
- Work with funding/ commissioning bodies e.g. DWP, LEPs, Local Authorities, NHS, MOJ,ESFA etc. to identify and secure additional funding to support and growth in our existing regions.
- Research, create and develop opportunities to secure new sources of funding from public, private and 3rd sectors.
- Create innovative partnerships and projects to drive both current contract performance and future growth.
- Developing a thorough understanding of issues across our relevant sectors at regional level, research and scanning for new market opportunities.
- Liaise closely with internal and external stakeholders across business divisions to develop a local strategy and stakeholder plan.
- Work with marketing to drive local engagement, PR, communication and development.
- Support local Twin staff across business divisions with local stakeholder engagement and PR activities.
- Ongoing development of the bid management processes that align and support Twin Group’s objectives
- Provide the interface between the Development team and local operations colleagues for bid development.
- Responsible for leading and managing bid writing and the quality of Twins bids.
- Responsible for budget management.
- Responsible for applying, bidding and importantly securing funding.
- Monitoring due diligence and risks across bids.
- Developing a bank of resources and bid winning questions.
KNOWLEDGE /EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Previous experience working at a senior level with a range of funding bodies.
- Bid writing ability & experience
- You will have a proven track record in winning new business within the welfare-to-work and skills sectors.
- Experience of generating income from a variety of funders such as DWP, ESFA and other partners and of supporting enterprise.
- Significant experience of bid writing, submissions and presentations to funders
- To be able to evidence winning new business through innovative service design.
- Demonstrable and proven record of accomplishment of achieving and exceeding targets in a tender driven environment, successful bid win track record.
- Extensive record of networking, building credible relationships and influencing policy with decision makers/ local funding bodies/ public sector organisations, externally representing business to stakeholders / commissioners.
- The ideal person will be entrepreneurial and autonomous/self-starter.
- Bid writing ability & experience
- Excellent ability to prioritise multiple tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience of project and contract implementation within a public sector environment.
- Proven ability to build and develop relationships across a wide range of disciplines and levels of management, both internally and externally, with evidence of strong networks built to date
- Strong communication and persuasion skills at all levels and through all media, written and verbal, formal and informal, documents and presentations. Experience of using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working within cross-functional and cross-organisational teams.
- Ability to motivate and lead others, team working with peers and colleagues.
- Creativity with an ability to share knowledge and experience.
- Strong analytical risk management, business analysis and decision-making skills.
- Degree or equivalent
If you are in interested in the position please send all applications to Debra Jackson at DJackson@twinuk.com