Welcome to Mountview’s e-newsletter!
Your monthly update of shows, student and alumni news.


There is just one more chance to see each of our 2017 Undergraduates in action, so book your tickets now. Scroll on for a glimpse of our new home...
Director John Ward | Musical Director David Hewson
2016/17’s Actor Musician students present a selection of pieces in their professional showcase. Read more

Venue Ambassadors Theatre
West Street, WC2H 9ND

Date 9 & 10 May, 1pm

Industry Bookings 020 8829 0036 or

Non-industry guests are welcome to attend. No prior booking necessary. Please arrive at the venue about 15 minutes before the show begins.
Music and Lyrics by Mark Hollman | Book and Lyrics by Greg Kotis | Directed by Josh Seymour
The people are revolting. After a 20-year drought, private toilets have been banned. It’s public bathrooms only, controlled by a greed-driven corporation. Will a hero rise up to help the people take control? Performed by a combination of Acting and Musical Theatre students, this Tony Award-winning musical is a 21st century classic, sending up the system at every turn. Read more

Venue The Pleasance, Islington
Performances 11 - 20 May
Tickets £14 (£10 concessions)
To book Book Online020 7609 1800
Booking fees may apply.

Industry Bookings 020 8829 0036 or
By Bruce Norris | Directed by Max Key
In 1959, a black family is poised to move to a middle-class white neighbourhood. As the play jumps forward fifty years, we see that progress may have been left behind. Race, community and political correctness are explored in this contemporary classic. Read more

Venue Karamel Club
Performances 16 - 20 May 
Tickets £12 (£10 concessions)
To book 020 8881 2201  

The box office is open Mon-Fri 9.30-5. 

Industry Bookings 020 8829 0036 or
Book by Luther Davis | Music and Lyrics by George Forrest and Robert Wright | Additional Music and Lyrics by Maury Yeston | Directed by Sally Ann Gritton
Come and stay at the Grand Hotel. The roaring twenties are in full swing, and the staff and a colourful selection of guests are ready to welcome you. This multi award-winning musical drips with opulence, hedonism and dangers of interwar Berlin. Read more

Venue Unicorn Theatre
Performances 18 - 27 May
Tickets £14 (£10 concessions)
To book Book Online020 7645 0560
Booking fees may apply.

Industry Bookings 020 8829 0036 or
By Ben Jonson | Directed by Stephen Jameson
In a London decimated by plague properties lie empty. Tricksters Doll, Face and Subtle have taken over one to use as their base. One is hustling spiritualism, one Feng Shui, and the third - the most audacious of all - Alchemy: the ability to turn base metal into gold. If they get away with it, it's a life of luxury; if they don't, it's the hangman's noose. Read more

Venue Karamel Club
Performances 31 May - 3 June 
Tickets £12 (£10 concessions)
To book 020 8881 2201  

The box office is open Mon-Fri 9.30-5. 

Industry Bookings 020 8829 0036 or
Student Profiles
Mountview is Moving

Work is underway on building our new home in Peckham, south London.
Having received planning permission from Southwark Council last year initial groundworks have begun this week. Our new home will include 21 rehearsal studios, music practice rooms, production workshops, TV and radio suites, meeting rooms and two theatres. There will be a café/bar and rooftop restaurant with spectacular views of the London skyline from Battersea Power Station to Canary Wharf and a West End-scale rehearsal space for commercial companies.
As well as being a new home for Mountview the building will a public space with community outreach and classes happening throughout the year. Alumni will be able to use the library and book rehearsal spaces.
A finance agreement is in place for 80% of the cost, enabling us to begin work. The remaining 20% of cost will be covered by fundraising and since launching our capital fundraising appeal in October, we have raised 51% of our £6.5million target. You can help secure the future of Mountview as we look to raise the remaining £3.2m.
We look forward to keeping you updated as the project progresses. To find out more visit our website.  


Copyright © 2017 Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts, All rights reserved.

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp