Jan'2014 Issue, Vol 34
Article of the Month
UNRAVELING THE OBSCURITY FOR SIGNING AND CERTIFICATION OF ANNUAL RETURNS
The crowning of the Companies Act, 2013 (“new act”) is all ready to rule & reign the territory with everlasting superseding powers but the stick of administration has still not been completely passed into its hand... read more >>
Updates & Amendments
- Clarification with regard to holding of shares or exercising power in a fiduciary capacity - Holding and Subsidiary relationship under Section 2(87) of the Companies Act, 2013.
- Clarification with regard to applicability of Section 182(3) of the Companies Act,2013.
- Rationalization of Periodic Call Auction for Illiquid Scrips.
- Deposit Requirements for members of the Debt Segment.
- Declaration and Undertaking regarding PCC, MCV or equivalent structure by FIIs.
- Establishment of Connectivity with both depositories NSDL and CDSL – Companies eligible for shifting from Trade for Trade Settlement (TFTS) to Normal Rolling Settlement.
- Exchange Traded Cash Settled Interest Rate Futures (IRF) on 10-Year Government of India Security.
- Simplification of Demat account opening process
- lllustrative format of Statement of Assets & Liabilities in SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2009
- Borrowing and Lending in Rupees - Investments by persons resident outside India in the tax free, secured, redeemable, non-convertible bonds.
- External Commercial Borrowings (ECB) by Holding Companies / Core Investment Companies for the project use in Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs).
- Financing of Infrastructure - Definition of 'Infrastructure Lending'
- Participation of NBFCs in Insurance sector
Wish you and your families and your businesses a very cheerful and prosperous year 2014. Am thrilled and amazed by the victory of AAP (Aam Admi Party) in Delhi elections and taking reins of Delhi government ... read more >>
Lakshmiji Sugar Milss Company &
Anr v. Union Of India & Ors [Del]... read more >>
"Word : Sine die "
Meaning :Without assigning a day for a further meeting or hearing
Example :The meeting was adjourned sine die.... read more >>
We discussed on Section 25 of the Companies Act, 1956 in the earlier issue and in the present issue we shall proceed with Sections 26 to 36 which deals with the Articles of Association... read more >>
Global Best Practices
The German Corporate Governance Code presents essential statutory regulations for the management and supervision (governance) of German listed companies and contains internationally and nationally recognized standards for good and responsible governance...
read more >>
We are glad to share that, Bhavani, Partner at R & A Associates has launched a portal with a vision to provide all that would legally entail to plan and structure Inbound / Outbound Investments in India and abroad and for matters relating to FEMA.
Kindly visit the website www.InvestmentGateways.com