Tuesday 16 June
17.30-20.00 Drinks reception
Wednesday 17 June
L42 Business Center, Rue de la Loi 42, 1000, Brussels
Climate change communicators in all fields
On behalf of the European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (ECMWF), Sustainability Consult would like to invite you to a Copernicus climate change communications workshop. Copernicus is the EU’s flagship programme on monitoring the Earth’s environment using satellite and in-situ observations.
Expert communicators will come together to discuss the challenges of climate change communications from economic, political and scientific viewpoints. Successful climate change communications campaigns will be presented, different communications channels will be debated and the visualisation of climate change will be discussed.
On Day One, speakers from various fields will present their viewpoints on communicating climate change. Day Two will see stakeholders come together in an all-day roundtable discussion and conclude with a panel discussion.
To register, please email Bárbara Mendes-Jorge at email@example.com. If you have any further queries, you can call +32 2 347 1101.
- Jean-Pascal van Ypersele, Vice-Chair, IPCC & Professor of Climatology and Environmental Sciences, Université catholique de Louvain (UCL)
- Anna-Kaisa Itkonen, Spokesperson, Climate Action and Energy, European Commission
- Tim Nuthall, International Communications Director, European Climate Foundation
- Audrey Gueudet, Climate Change & Energy Media and Communication Officer, WWF European Policy Office
- Jon Gorvett, First Secretary Environment and Climate Change, UK Permanent Representation to the EU
- Philippa Nuttall Jones, Senior Communications Officer, European Environmental Bureau
- Alice Stollmeyer, Influential Twitterer on EU climate change and energy policy, @StollmeyerEU
- James Painter, Head of Journalism Fellowship Programme, Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism
- Constanze Adolf, Vice Director, Green Budget Europe
- Chris Rapley, Professor of Climate Science, University College London
- Arlene Birt, Visual Storyteller and Information Designer, Background Stories
- Kathryn Sheridan, CEO, Sustainability Consult