The Children’s Hospital Association of Texas (CHAT) Urges You to Become an Advocate for Our Children's Hospitals!
Welcome to the first edition of the 2016-2017 Children’s Hospital Association of Texas (CHAT) e-newsletter in advance of the opening day of the 85th Texas Legislature on January 10, 2017. You are receiving this newsletter because you are affiliated with one of CHAT’s member hospitals or you have indicated that you would like to receive information about children’s health care in Texas.
CHAT’s mission is to advance children’s health and well-being by advocating for policies and funding that promote children’s access to high-quality, comprehensive health care. Our member hospitals include:
- Children’s Health (Dallas)
- Children’s Hospital of San Antonio (San Antonio)
- Cook Children’s Health Care System (Fort Worth)
- Covenant Children’s Hospital (Lubbock)
- Dell Children’s Medical Center of Central Texas (Austin)
- Driscoll Children’s Hospital (Corpus Christi)
- Texas Children’s Hospital (Houston)
The purpose of our newsletters is to provide information and encourage your active support for children’s health care issues in the state, particularly related to proposed legislation and funding. Together with our member hospitals, CHAT will be working with state legislators to improve funding for children’s health care and to support legislation that improves the health of Texas children.