Want to see how a BMW is made? We're taking a day trip to the BMW Manufacturing Plant in Spartanburg, SC, on February 26th, and have a limited number of spaces available. Details are below*
If you want to be part of the fun, Request Your Space HERE,now. Space is limited ... first come first serve. (Questions to Keith Scott, 678-654-3120)
- 2-hour BMW factory tour ticket- $20
- Round trip transportation via Chapel van (included)
- Depart Big Canoe ~8 am, February 26th (we'll stop for lunch before the tour)
- Return to Big Canoe ~ 7 pm, February 26th
More About the tour
In June 2017, BMW Group announced an additional investment of $600 million in manufacturing infrastructure for the plant to prepare for future generations of the BMW X model family. This will be the sixth major expansion since the plant opened. This investment includes the addition of 1,000 jobs through the year 2021.
The physical size of BMW Plant Spartanburg is approximately 7.0 million square feet with the recent addition of a new body shop, an expansion of the X5/X6 assembly hall, and an expansion of logistics. Current construction includes the expansion of Assembly North (X3/X4 assembly) by 140,000 square feet and renovation/re-tooling of the first-generation X4 body shop.
Currently, BMW Manufacturing produces more than 1,400 vehicles each day. The factory is the global producer of BMW X3, X4, X5 and X6 Sports Activity Vehicles and Coupes (and their variants) to more than 140 global markets.
- The two hour tour is not accessible to visitors in wheelchairs due to the bus transportation in the middle of the tour.
- Guests 18 and older, must present a picture ID upon arrival for scheduled tour.
- Tour participants must be 12 years of age or older.
- Completely enclosed shoes are required to tour our facility. No flip flops, high heels, open toe, open side, or open heel shoes are permitted. You will NOT be permitted on the tour if your shoes do not meet the guidelines. No Exceptions.
- Cameras and camera phones are not permitted. Cell phones must be turned off during the tour. Please leave personal belongings locked in your vehicle.
- Tour participants will walk a distance of up to 2 miles depending on the tour route scheduled.