Highlights of this newsletter (click the link to jump straight to the sections
Submit your favourite recipe for
the MHPS Recipe Book
The time to submit your favourite family recipe for the 2014 Recipe Book is NOW! Recipes due by Friday 13 June 2014. Visit www.mthawthornrecipes.com to submit your recipe.
Did you know?
- Your recipe will be professionally styled and photographed - we'll give you instructions on how to bring in your cooked dish and will make it look fantastic!
- You can enter as many recipes as you like - no limits!
- Worried about copyright - check out the information on our website - its easier than you think - for example you can just write the method in your own words!
- We welcome recipes from anyone with a connection to the school - not just parents, but teachers, grandparents, aunts & uncles, older siblings, family friends!
- We'd love to see some Thermomix recipes for this edition! If possible, please include the conventional method also.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Alex on 0401 549 051 if you have any questions or would like to help out.
If you’re a MHPS student who loves cooking, you could be one of four finalists invited to the official ‘Taste–off’ at the Peasant’s Table on Saturday 21 June.
The winning recipe will become a part of the Kids’ Menu at the Peasant’s Table and feature in the Kids’ Cooking chapter in the MHPS 2014 Recipe Book. Plus, the winner will also receive a free lunch for themselves and three friends at the Peasant’s Table. Finalists will be notified by Monday 16 June. They must be available to prepare their recipe and take it to the Peasant’s Table for tasting at 2.30pm on Saturday 21 June.
"Main Meal" recipes will be entered into the Peasant's Table competition, but all kids recipes welcome for inclusion in the Recipe Book, so if your favourite recipe is a delicious dessert - please submit it!
Get Ready to Disco!
Our school disco is nearly here! Get your tickets now to ensure your entry to our exciting Hippies & Hipsters themed disco.
Date: Saturday, 14th June
Time: Junior Disco 5.50 - 7.00 pm (PP - Yr 3)
Senior Disco 7.30 - 9.00 pm (Yr 4 - Yr 7)
Venue: Floreat Athena Soccer Club, Britannia Rd, Mt Hawthorn
$10 entry includes chips, a drink and an entry to the raffle (great prizes!)
Fun games (with prizes), great music, huge dance floor, slushies, drinks and snacks for sale also!
Tickets are available online at: http://www.trybooking.com/FBOQ
or at school on Thursday 12 June, 2.45 - 3.10 pm & Friday 13 June, 8.30 - 9.10 am.
Parents are welcome to use the small bar next to the hall during the discos :)
We look forward to seeing students in costume - Hippies and Hipsters - at the disco!
Curious about the $1 million campus building works, enhancements to the Fairy Garden, where the Fairy Garden is, or just keen to get out of the house on Monday night?
The Grounds Committee is meeting at 8pm on Monday night (9 June) at the Oxford Hotel to hear about planned improvements to the school’s grounds and gardens. Drop in and share your thoughts.
Don't forget the Busy Bee Afternoon - Winter Solstice!
Friday June 20 - From 3.30pm outside the canteen for your job.
Night vision goggles provided for late arrivals !
The focus will be on the lower school areas and we will get the BBQ running.
Now you can earn points towards a free coffee AND support the school at the same time! Collect your Peasant's Table Coffee Card (with an MHPS stamp) from the Front Office and every time you fill a card hand it in at the restaurant. Completed cards will earn the school points towards free gift vouchers that we will use for prizes and giveaways. Win Win! (Please make sure you use a card with the MHPS stamp and mention that you're from our school so every card counts!)
Lots of exciting events planned for this year, so mark your diaries right away:
- 24th July - Xmas Eve in July - 3 course dinner and games at The Pirate Bar
- 11th October - Great Aussie Camp Out on the School Oval; PLUS Ladies Night at The Peasant's Table
- 7th November - Recipe Book Launch