|Welcome to our December newsletter... Photos, offers, news and comment
Another busy year draws to a close. Superb weather and lots of fun mark this as a great one.
- Mean Mary and her banjo from Nashville, swing bands, lots of Pete Lashley and Boogie Woogie Will all entertained us in the bar.
- The biomass/solar thermal water heating combo have managed their first full year with style. Using sustainable heating methods does not mean we have to compromise on quality.. We have added a wetland area below the three read beds to support lots of wildlife.
- The popular family bathrooms are all being refurbished after Christmas and the long awaited family shower room will be completed in time for Easter 2015.
- We have some new exciting grass tents in development which should also be ready for Easter, think hobbits meet Cumbria ...watch this space!
- From 2015 with every pitch will offer electric hook up - a long way from the mere 10 hook ups available when we arrived 29 years ago!
The list of site awards over the last few years includes:
We will represent Cumbria at the National Tourism Awards early in 2015. Wish us luck!
- AA Northern Campsite of the Year
- Campsite of the Year (Camper magazine)
- Cumbrian Campsite of the Year
- Cumbrian Sustainable Business of the Year (twice)
- Mumsnet's top ranked Glamping and Camp Site
- Recognised by Cool Camping
- Only Cumbrian holiday park with a GOLD Green Tourism award.
We are always keen to hear your views, so if you know something you think we should hear, get in touch! firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Games in the bar..
Spend some quality time with your loved ones with a good old fashioned board game. £1 in the charity box buys you an evening in the bar with a good old friend like Scrabble or Monopoly.
If you have a young child who would be interested in having a ride on one of the Quiet ponies please let us know before you arrive - we will try and arrange for a pony to visit at the same time as you!
There are a few changes to the structure of our tariff in 2015:
Long Stay Pitches for tourers
- The base pitch price will now include 2 adults and all children up to the age of 11 years (instead of 6 years).
- This base pitch price will still include electric, but only up to 10KWh per night. If you use more than this (ie if you choose to leave electric heaters on for long periods etc) you will need to pay the excess over 10 KWh, charged at our standard rate, currently 15p/KWh. The average electricity use this year has been less than 10 KWh. This measure is designed to make everyone more responsible for the utilities that are used here.
- We have increased the pensioner, single occupancy and 'no car' discounts to £5 per pitch per night.
We have a few different options for our popular long stay pitches.
Date From Date to Price
1st Dec 14 26th March £1000
1st March 15 3rd Nov 15 £2700*
1st March 15 26th Dec 15 £3000*
1st Sep 15. 26th Dec 15. £ 950
1st Sep 15 27th Mar 16. £1500
3rd Nov 15 26th Dec 15 £ 400
1st Dec 15 27th Mar 16. £1000
Any 12 month period £3700
* includes winter storage if Long Stay pitch taken the following year.
Jan £300 Feb £300 Apr £400 May £900 Jun £450 Jul £800 Aug £900 Sep £350 Oct £350 Nov + Dec £450
Lakes Caravan Storage - let them hook you up!
If you caravan regularly in the lakes why not leave your caravan with our sister company www.lakescaravanstore.co.uk
Delivery to The Quiet Site is free. Other parks charged at cost.
Turn the Quiet Music up...!
Booked live music in The Quiet Bar for 2014 and 2015 (more bookings to follow..!)
29th Dec Boogie Woogie Will
30th Dec Fiona Hanlon
31st Dec Pete Lashley (NYE2014)
1st Jan Lewes the table top magician
7th Feb Pete Lashley
14th Feb James Dowse (Valentines Day)
21st Feb Pete Lashley
5th April Pete Lashley
3rd May Pete Lashley
26th May Pete Lashley
4th July Pete Lashley
6th Aug Pete Lashley
5th Sept Pete Lashley
19th Sept Pete Lashley
25thOct Pete Lashley
31st Dec Pete Lashley (NYE 2015!)
We are thinking of introducing an open mike night next year.. let us know if you are interested.
Also if you know of any musicians who would enjoy playing in our bar, let us know!
The Quiet Bar
Remember, this year the Quiet Bar is open all day for our customers, just in case the weather is not its usual sunny self..! We will not be serving drinks but the bar is available to relax in from 9am with drinks served from 7pm. This means the soft play area will be available throughout the day as well as evenings. The bar may not be open in the evening during the low season Sun - Thur.
Quiet Gift Voucher
Remember, we can post gift vouchers for any amount. A gift everyone can share!
|Quiet - Green - Sustainable
Cumbrian Sustainable Business of the Year 2012 and 2014
Cumbrian Campsite of the Year 2013
Top 100 Park 2014