8th Graders Invited to Join Junior Rowing
NEW this spring: 8th graders are now eligible to row with the Junior program! Do you know an 8th grader who's interested in traveling and competing with the Junior program? This opportunity is open to all current 8th graders who have previously participated in a CRRC Middle School Learn-to-Row program or a Middle School Experienced program. Watch for details regarding registration for the Spring Season, including the Spring Break trip. Eighth graders who are available right away may register for Winter Workouts! We look forward to seeing some fresh faces at the boathouse!
Scholarship Deadline: March 4
Camp Randall Rowing Club (CRRC) is dedicated to financially assisting Junior Competitive rowers who otherwise would not have an opportunity to participate in the sport. CRRC offers scholarship awards and/or payment plans based upon financial need. Scholarships and payment plans are offered on a semiannual basis, coinciding with the start of the Fall/Winter and Spring/Summer seasons. The deadline for submission of the scholarship application is March 4. To access the form and instructions, please click here
Monona Invite Volunteers Needed
CRRC will be hosting the Milwaukee Rowing Club, New Trier High School, Twin Cities Youth Rowing, and St Louis Rowing Club on Sunday, April 24 at the Brittingham Boathouse. This is our club’s major event and your assistance is needed. There are opportunities for all skill sets, from parking to food service to potty patrol. We will work with to make sure you know what is expected of you and there will be plenty of veteran parents available to support all volunteers. The sooner we fill these spots, the better off we will be. All spots must be filled by April 1. There are shifts available for both Saturday and Sunday. Watch your email for the Sign-Up Genius, click here
, or see below under Volunteer Opportunities.
Mark Your Calendars
In addition to regattas, there are many important upcoming dates over the next few months. Please make note of the following Spring season events.
- March 2: Ergathon 4:30-6:30 PM (Boathouse)
- March 11: Spring fees due
- March 14: Practice times change.
- March 18: Buses leave for Tennessee. Rowers will miss school.
- March 26: Rowers return from Tennessee.
- May 20: Rowers leave Madison for Midwest Regionals. Rowers will miss school.
- May 22: Rowers return from Cincinnati.
- June 3: CRRC Banquet and Dance
Spring Regatta Schedule
- March 26: St Louis, St Louis, MO
- April 24: Monona Invite, Madison, WI
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL (No Buses)
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH (Fri 5/20 - Leave Madison; Sat & Sun 5/21-22 - Races)
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity boats only
Parent Pick-Up: We need parents to stay after practice until the last rower is picked up. Volunteer will stay with rower(s) and have cell phone available. Click here to learn more and to sign up.
Monona Invite: Our home regatta takes place on Sunday, April 24. We need all hands on deck to make this event a big success! Click here to sign up!
Previously Posted, Still Relevant
Mandatory Parent Meeting
February 21 6:30-8pm
The informational meeting for the Spring/Summer season has been scheduled for Sunday, February 21, 6:30-8 PM
at St Mark's Lutheran Church. Topics covered will include regatta schedule, volunteer opportunities and responsibilities, summer programs, costs, and more. Attendees are asked to bring a non-perishable food item to support the food pantry which St Mark's operates. At least one parent or guardian is required to attend. Rowers are not required to attend.
for a map to St Mark's.
Practice Times Change March 14
Beginning on Monday, March 14, daily practice will run until 6:30 PM. Saturday morning practices will begin after Spring Break on April 2, 7-9 AM.
It's a great time to talk with your friends about joining our club. Rowers are welcome to join any time, but now, as we head into spring racing season and our trip to Tennessee, is a great time for novice rowers to start.
For the recruiting video, click here.
For the slightly longer promotional video, click here.
Staying In Touch With CRRC
- Website: http://www.camprandallrc.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oaracle Newsletter: All the news you need about what's going on at CRRC is sent via the Oaracle. Please sign up on the CRRC webpage. You will find it in the right side-bar under “Subscribe to Oaracle”.
- To Submit Items for the Oaracle: Email to email@example.com
- Twitter: @rowCRRC - To sign up, simply text Follow rowCRRC to the # 40404. There’s no extra charge beyond what your regular texting costs. You can also follow our twitter account online by going to www.twitter.com/rowCRRC.
- Instagram: camprandallrc
- YouTube: Check out our page!
WCR winter Workouts began January 9th, 2016
What: Winter indoor workouts (includes erg rowing machine, strength, and flexibility training)
When: Saturdays 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 6:15-7:45 p.m.
Dates: January 9 - April 30 (includes on-the-water experience) Feel free to join in at anytime.
Where: Brittingham Boathouse
701 N. Shore Drive, Madison WI
Who: WeCanRow is a rowing program designed for women who have or had cancer. Winter workouts are open to friends and family of survivors as well.
Cost: No charge for rowers who registered for the 2015 rowing season. $50 fee for all other participants. Cash or check made payable to CRRC. Fees cannot be prorated.
Feel free to share this information with women you know who have had a cancer diagnosis. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
for further information.
Check out our web page for more information: http://camprandallrc.org/programs/we-can-row/
Our Mission: WeCanRow Madison strives to promote physical wellness through rowing for female cancer survivors throughout all stages of recovery in an environment of support and safety.