Crew Family Breakfast This Saturday
We're unofficially kicking off the spring rowing season with a morning get-together for rowers and their parents. Grab your fleece (or down?) coats (and mittens?) and come out to the boathouse this Saturday morning!
Parents: Hot coffee will be ready for you at 8:45 on the morning of April 9th (rowers finish at 9.) Change up your Saturday morning pick-up routine and come inside the Boathouse to see what's going on! You will have an opportunity to thank our dedicated coaches and chaperons for taking care of the team in Tennessee. We'll also see pictures from the trip and hear more about the team training.
Rowers: Stick around after practice for a bite to eat and Spring Break reminiscing. If you have any pictures you would like to share, please bring them along.
Coffee and food will be set up in the east bay, by the doors closest to the parking lot. WeCanRow women start practice at 9:30, and we want to respect their scheduled time in the Boathouse. Please gather in the area closer to the parking lot and plan to head home by 9:30, so they have practice space. Thanks for cooperating. Many thanks to the parents who have already volunteered to provide the food for this event!
Come down to the boathouse and start your weekend off right!
Mens' Rowing Legend Visits CRRC
Wow, are we ever lucky at CRRC. We had a surprise visit from Stoughton resident Richard Ahner (UW Class of '59.) Ahner is a local rowing legend who thought he'd just stop by and see what's going on at CRRC. In addition to numerous other incredible accomplishments, he won a national championship alongside Badger greats Randall Jablonic (UW legendary Mens Coach) and Robert Graves (father of legendary Badger alums the Graves sisters). He also helped found women's rowing at Wisconsin by walking in to the Athletic Director's office with fellow teammates to demand women's rowing be added. Thank you, Mr. Ahner, for your work, your visit and your words! Mr. Ahner gave an impromptu speech about working hard, giving your best, and honoring and continuing the tradition that is rowing. Wow. We are so lucky! Thanks to all the athletes who listened with such respect and attention to this surprise guest visitor.
Important Spring Dates
Mark Your Calendars
Please make note of the following Spring season events.
- April 24: Monona Invite, Madison, WI
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr. Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL (No Buses)
- May 14: Novice-Only Dual vs St Charles IL Rowing Club
- May 20: Rowers leave Madison for Midwest Regionals Rowers will miss school.
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity Boats Only
- June 2: CRRC Banquet and Dance 5:30-9pm
Spring Regatta Schedule
- April 24: Monona Invite, Madison, WI
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL (No Buses)
- May 14: Novice-only dual vs St Charles rowing club
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH (Fri 5/20 - Leave Madison; Sat & Sun 5/21-22 - Races)
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity boats only
Monona Invite: Our home regatta takes place on Sunday, April 24. We need all hands on deck to make this event a big success! Click here to sign up!
Boathouse Chaperons: We are looking for one adult to sit at the boathouse and supervise if there are any kids that are remaining to either erg or who may have to leave early. We just want to be sure there is an adult at the boathouse for every practice. You are welcome to read, hang by the water or if you are really inspired, we may have some small boathouse tasks that can be easily done while you are there. Click here to sign up! Click here to sign up for Saturday shifts.
Previously Posted, Still Relevant
For 'Moms' of Junior Rowers:
It is not too late to join the WeCanRow Winter Workouts!
Where: Brittingham Boathouse
When: Wednesdays - 6:15-7:45pm & Saturdays - 9:30-11:00am (includes erg rowing machine, strength, and flexibility training)
Workouts run through April 27
. This is your chance to learn more about rowing and get a great workout with the women from WCR! Contact email@example.com
for more information.
It's a great time to talk with your friends about joining our club. Rowers are welcome to join any time, but now, as we head into spring racing season and our trip to Tennessee, is a great time for novice rowers to start.
For the recruiting video, click here.
For the slightly longer promotional video, click here.
Staying In Touch With CRRC
- Website: http://www.camprandallrc.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oaracle Newsletter: All the news you need about what's going on at CRRC is sent via the Oaracle. Please sign up on the CRRC webpage. You will find it in the right side-bar under “Subscribe to Oaracle”.
- To Submit Items for the Oaracle: Email to email@example.com
- Twitter: @rowCRRC - To sign up, simply text Follow rowCRRC to the # 40404. There’s no extra charge beyond what your regular texting costs. You can also follow our twitter account online by going to www.twitter.com/rowCRRC.
- Instagram: camprandallrc
- YouTube: Check out our page!
WCR Winter Workouts continue at Brittingham Boathouse through Wednesday, April 27th. We have enjoyed having family members of WeCanRowers and moms of our junior rowers work out with us! Please let Coach Melinda know if you are interested in joining "Family & Friends" Summer Workouts at the boathouse. Dates and time TBA.
Our workout schedule through April is:
Wednesdays - 6:30-8:00 pm (*note time change due to junior practice)
Saturdays - 9:30-11:00 am
Registration is now open for WeCanRow 2016 Spring/Summer season at www.camprandallrc.org.
On-the-water season begins Sunday, May 1st!! Registration and forms are due April 23rd.
Our Mission: WeCanRow Madison strives to promote physical wellness through rowing for female cancer survivors throughout all stages of recovery in an environment of support and safety.