Spring Break Details and a Chance to Help
At 6:30am this Friday, our bus will leave the University Copp's parking lot heading for LaFollette, Tennessee. Before you send your rower off, check out the complete itinerary by clicking here
. Volunteers are needed to make and freeze breakfast burritos and baked goods for the crew's breakfasts. Rowers are practicing for hours at a time and have tremendous appetites! Having these items made in advance is a great support to the parent-cooks who provide all the meals for the week. To sign up, click here
or see Volunteer Opportunities below. Thanks in advance for your efforts! Parents and friends who want to watch the race in St Louis can find a link to the location here
. The St Louis Rowing Club pratices on Creve Coeur Lake, just east of the Missouri River on the northwest edge of the city.
Fees for the Spring/Summer season were due on March 11. Please click here
to link to the registration page of our website. All fees must be paid or arrangements made for a payment plan before the Spring Break trip.
Mendota Rowing Club Open House
Mendota Rowing Club invites Oaracle readers to their Pre-season Open [Boat]House, 9am to 12pm Saturday March 26. It's a casual social event, open to the public, on land only. We are providing info about adult rowing with Mendota RC, as well as schedule and registration for our LTR classes.
Practice Time Change
Parents and drivers are reminded that practice now ends at 6:30pm Monday through Friday.
Mark Your Calendars
In addition to regattas, there are many important upcoming dates over the next few months. Please make note of the following Spring season events.
- March 18: Buses leave for Tennessee. Rowers will miss school.
- March 26: CRRC races St Louis in St Louis
- March 26: Rowers return from Tennessee.
- May 20: Rowers leave Madison for Midwest Regionals. Rowers will miss school.
- May 22: Rowers return from Cincinnati.
- June 3: CRRC Banquet and Dance
Spring Regatta Schedule
- March 26: St Louis, St Louis, MO
- April 24: Monona Invite, Madison, WI
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL (No Buses)
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH (Fri 5/20 - Leave Madison; Sat & Sun 5/21-22 - Races)
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity boats only
Parent Pick-Up: We need parents to stay after practice until the last rower is picked up. Volunteer will stay with rower(s) and have cell phone available. Click here to learn more and to sign up.
Spring Break Food: We need breakfast burritos, cookies, and muffin made and frozen in advance of our departure! Click here to sign up.
Monona Invite: Our home regatta takes place on Sunday, April 24. We need all hands on deck to make this event a big success! Click here to sign up!
Previously Posted, Still Relevant
Registration Now Open for Spring/Summer Season
Registration for the Spring rowing season is now open. Please click here to link to the registration page of our website. Fees for the spring season are $1610.00 if paying by check and $1650.00 if paying by credit card or PayPal and are due on March 11. Application for scholarships or payment plans can be accessed here. The deadline for applications for financial aid is March 4.
For 'Moms' of Junior Rowers:
It is not too late to join the WeCanRow Winter Workouts!
Where: Brittingham Boathouse
When: Wednesdays - 6:15-7:45pm & Saturdays - 9:30-11:00am (includes erg rowing machine, strength, and flexibility training)
Workouts run through April 27
. This is your chance to learn more about rowing and get a great workout with the women from WCR! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
It's a great time to talk with your friends about joining our club. Rowers are welcome to join any time, but now, as we head into spring racing season and our trip to Tennessee, is a great time for novice rowers to start.
For the recruiting video, click here.
For the slightly longer promotional video, click here.
Staying In Touch With CRRC
- Website: http://www.camprandallrc.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Oaracle Newsletter: All the news you need about what's going on at CRRC is sent via the Oaracle. Please sign up on the CRRC webpage. You will find it in the right side-bar under “Subscribe to Oaracle”.
- To Submit Items for the Oaracle: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @rowCRRC - To sign up, simply text Follow rowCRRC to the # 40404. There’s no extra charge beyond what your regular texting costs. You can also follow our twitter account online by going to www.twitter.com/rowCRRC.
- Instagram: camprandallrc
- YouTube: Check out our page!
WeCanRow rowing practices are held 2 times a week. For the 2016 season, they will be held Thursdays, 6-8 PM, and Sundays, 8-10 AM, at the Brittingham Boathouse on Monona Bay, 617 N. Shore Drive in Madison. These sessions include land training, flexibility and strength workouts as well as on-the-water training in sweep rowing & sculling. Participants elect to attend one or more practices each week. You may attend practice for 2 weeks prior to making a commitment to sign up. On-the-water experience will be included as part of Winter Workouts for those wishing to “try” rowing prior to registration.
Our Mission: WeCanRow Madison strives to promote physical wellness through rowing for female cancer survivors throughout all stages of recovery in an environment of support and safety.