Monona Invite This Sunday
This Sunday CRRC kicks off the spring race season hosting our home regatta, the Monona Invite. Visiting crews include New Trier High School, Twin Cities Youth Rowing, St. Louis Rowing Club, Milwaukee Rowing Club. This is our premier local event and the participation of all families is required to make the day a success. If you haven't yet signed up to help, there are still slots available to bring fruit and to help keep the food tables stocked. Click here
to sign up and be a part of the event! Racing starts at 10:30 and should wrap up around 3:00. Click here
for a link to the lane draws and race schedule. Results of the races will be tweeted at rowCRRC#Mononainvite. In case of inclement weather and to check for any changes to the day's events, check the CRRC website
, or check your Twitter feed. Parking is available at the Monona Terrace or on the streets in the area.
Novices Scrimage St Charles Rowing Club May 14
On Saturday, May 14, the CRRC novices will scrimmage in races against the novices of the St. Charles (IL) Rowing Club. The races will run from 7:30-9 and will be followed by an all-team breakfast. Parents and families are encouraged to come out and cheer them on. Please sign up here
to bring items for the breakfast, or see Volunteer Opportunities below.
Chaperons Needed for Summer Regattas
There are 2 regattas scheduled for this summer: Chicago on July 9-10, and Twin Cities on July 22-23. These are excellent regattas with almost guaranteed good weather! Parent chaperons are needed for both. If you're planning on coming anyway, why not sign up to help out the club? Click here
or see Volunteer Opportunities below. The rowers and coaches thank you!
Mendota Rowing Club Offers LearnToRow for Adults
From across the isthmus, Mendota Rowing Club invites CRRC parents to take up rowing. They offer LearnToRow (LTR) classes from May to August, plus early spring Novice Boot Camp and post-LTR-grad rowing with coach Alyssa, and ongoing training and development for sweep rowers and scullers. Please visit their website here
, or email by clicking here
for details about rowing instruction.
Important Spring Dates
Mark Your Calendars
Please make note of the following Spring season events.
- April 24: Monona Invite, Madison, WI
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr. Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL (No Buses)
- May 14: Novice-Only Dual vs St Charles IL Rowing Club, Team Breakfast
- May 20: Rowers leave Madison for Midwest Regionals Rowers will miss school.
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity Boats Only
- June 2: CRRC Banquet and Dance 5:30-9pm
Spring and Summer Regatta Schedule and Itineraries
- April 24: Monona Invite, Madison, WI
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL (No Buses) Itinerary here
- May 14: Novice-only dual vs St Charles rowing club
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH (Fri 5/20 - Leave Madison; Sat & Sun 5/21-22 - Races) Itinerary here
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity boats only.
- July 9-10: Chicago Sprints, Chicago, IL Itinerary here
- July 22-23: Twin Cities Regatta, Twin Cities, MN Itinerary here
Monona Invite: Our home regatta takes place on Sunday, April 24. We need all hands on deck to make this event a big success! Click here to sign up!
Monona Invite Food: click here to volunteer to provide food for the event or to commit to keeping the food tables stocked. thanks!
Boathouse Chaperons: We are looking for one adult to sit at the boathouse and supervise if there are any kids that are remaining to either erg or who may have to leave early. We just want to be sure there is an adult at the boathouse for every practice. You are welcome to read, hang by the water or if you are really inspired, we may have some small boathouse tasks that can be easily done while you are there. Click here to sign up! Click here to sign up for Saturday shifts.
Madison Half Marathon: Spend a fun couple of hours supporting our scholarship fund, directing runners and getting a free t-shirt by volunteering on CCRC's behalf at the Madison Half-Marathon on Sunday, May 29. We really need your help! Anyone over 10 years old is welcome AND all of your family's hours count towards your volunteer requirement. Recruit your siblings, parents and friends for a fun morning. Right now we just need a commitment. In the middle of May there will be a second sign-up where you can choose specific route locations and time shift. Most shifts are about 2 hours. Click here to help out.
Summer Regatta Chaperons: We are in need of chaperons to help out with the 2 regattas we'll race this summer. They are in Chicago on July 9-10, and in the Twin Cities on July 22-23. Chaperons make the regattas possible and have one of the most fun jobs on the crew! Click here to sign up.
Previously Posted, Still Relevant
It's a great time to talk with your friends about joining our club. Rowers are welcome to join any time, but now, as we head into spring racing season and our trip to Tennessee, is a great time for novice rowers to start.
For the recruiting video, click here.
For the slightly longer promotional video, click here.
Staying In Touch With CRRC
- Website: http://www.camprandallrc.org
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oaracle Newsletter: All the news you need about what's going on at CRRC is sent via the Oaracle. Please sign up on the CRRC webpage. You will find it in the right side-bar under “Subscribe to Oaracle”.
- To Submit Items for the Oaracle: Email to email@example.com
- Twitter: @rowCRRC - To sign up, simply text Follow rowCRRC to the # 40404. There’s no extra charge beyond what your regular texting costs. You can also follow our twitter account online by going to www.twitter.com/rowCRRC.
- Instagram: camprandallrc
- YouTube: Check out our page!
WCR Winter Workouts continue at Brittingham Boathouse through Wednesday, April 27th. We have enjoyed having family members of WeCanRowers and moms of our junior rowers work out with us! Please let Coach Melinda know if you are interested in joining "Family & Friends" Summer Workouts at the boathouse. Dates and time TBA.
Our workout schedule through April is:
Wednesdays - 6:30-8:00 pm (*note time change due to junior practice)
Saturdays - 9:30-11:00 am
Registration is now open for WeCanRow 2016 Spring/Summer season at www.camprandallrc.org.
On-the-water season begins Sunday, May 1st!! Registration and forms are due April 23rd.
Our Mission: WeCanRow Madison strives to promote physical wellness through rowing for female cancer survivors throughout all stages of recovery in an environment of support and safety.