Tank Time at UW Porter Boathouse
CRRC will have access to Wisconsin Rowing's tanks on two days this season. The first is this Saturday from 12-4. The women will be rowing from 12-2 and the men will row 2-4. We will be back in the tanks on Saturday, February 20, 12-4. Click here for a map to the Porter Boathouse.
Spring Regatta Schedule
Here is an updated list of this spring's regattas.
- March 26: St Louis, St Louis, MO
- April 24: Monona Invite, Madison, WI
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr Regatta, Crystal Lake, IL (No Buses)
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH (Fri 5/20 - Leave Madison; Sat & Sun 5/21-22 - Races)
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity boats only
Mark Your Calendars
In addition to regattas, there are many important upcoming dates over the next few months. Please make note of the following Spring season events.
- March 3: Ergathon
- March 11: Spring fees due
- March 14: Practice times change.
- March 18: Buses leave for Tennessee. Rowers will miss school.
- March 26: Rowers return from Tennessee.
- May 20: Rowers leave Madison for Midwest Regionals. Rowers will miss school.
- May 22: Rowers return from Cincinnati.
- June 3: CRRC Banquet and Dance
Reminder: No Practice February 5
No class for the Madison Metropolitan School District so there will be no practice on Friday, February 5.
Practice Times Change March 14
Beginning on Monday, March 14, daily practice will run until 6:30. Saturday morning practices will begin after Spring Break on April 2, 7-9 A.
Parent Pick-Up: We need parents to stay after practice until the last rower is picked up. Volunteer will stay with rower(s) and have cell phone available. Click here to learn more and to sign up.
Previously Posted, Still Relevant
Mandatory Parent Meeting
February 21 6:30-8pm
The informational meeting for the Spring/Summer season has been scheduled for Sunday, February 21, 6:30-8pm
at St Mark's Lutheran Church. Topics covered will include regatta schedule, volunteer opportunities and responsibilities, summer programs, costs, and more. Attendees are asked to bring a non-perishable food item to support the food pantry which St Mark's operates. All rowers and at least one parent or guardian is required to attend.
for a map to St Mark's.
It's a great time to talk with your friends about joining our club. Rowers are welcome to join any time, but now, as we head into spring racing season and our trip to Tennessee, is a great time for novice rowers to start.
For the recruiting video, click here.
For the slightly longer promotional video, click here.
Staying In Touch With CRRC
- Website: http://www.camprandallrc.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Oaracle Newsletter: All the news you need about what's going on at CRRC is sent via the Oaracle. Please sign up on the CRRC webpage. You will find it in the right side-bar under “Subscribe to Oaracle”.
- To Submit Items for the Oaracle: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @rowCRRC - To sign up, simply text Follow rowCRRC to the # 40404. There’s no extra charge beyond what your regular texting costs. You can also follow our twitter account online by going to www.twitter.com/rowCRRC.
- Instagram: camprandallrc
- YouTube: Check out our page!
WCR winter Workouts begin January 9th, 2016
What: Winter indoor workouts (includes erg rowing machine, strength, and flexibility training)
When: Saturdays 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 6:15-7:45 p.m.
Dates: January 9 - April 30 (includes on-the-water experience) Feel free to join in at anytime.
Where: Brittingham Boathouse
701 N. Shore Drive, Madison WI
Who: WeCanRow is a rowing program designed for women who have or had cancer. Winter workouts are open to friends and family of survivors as well.
Cost: No charge for rowers who registered for the 2015 rowing season. $50 fee for all other participants. Cash or check made payable to CRRC. Fees cannot be prorated.
Feel free to share this information with women you know who have had a cancer diagnosis. Contact us at email@example.com
for further information.
Check out our web page for more information: http://camprandallrc.org/programs/we-can-row/
Our Mission: WeCanRow Madison strives to promote physical wellness through rowing for female cancer survivors throughout all stages of recovery in an environment of support and safety.