Mandatory Parent Meeting
February 21 6:30-8pm
The informational meeting for the Spring/Summer season has been scheduled for February 21 6:30-8pm at St Mark's Catholic church. Topics covered will include regatta schedule, volunteer opportunities and responsibilities, summer programs, costs, and more. Attendees are asked to bring a non-perishable food item to support the food pantry which St Mark's operates. Attendance at the meeting is mandatory for
Spring Regatta Schedule
The following regattas have been scheduled for the upcoming season.
- March 25: St Louis, St Louis, MO
- May 7: Greater Chicago Jr Regatta, Crystal Lake IL No Buses
- May 20-22: Midwest Regionals, Cincinnati, OH Leave Madison on Friday, May 20, races on Saturday and Sunday, May 21 and 22
- June 10-12: Junior Nationals, West Windsor, NJ Qualifying Varsity boats only
Clothing Orders Due Jan. 22
It’s time for the Spring/Summer CRRC clothing order, one of only two times per year you can get CRRC gear! We won’t order again until summer so get your orders in now.
Clothing Ordering Information
and the Clothing Order Form
can be found here
These documents, as well as some photographs and descriptive information are available at camprandallrc.org
Parents are reminded that rowers must be in uniform for all races. This is a good time to check with your rower to make sure everything's fitting and in good repair.
- HEAD-SWEAT VISORS- Varsity girls are required to wear a head-sweat as part of their uniform. We are now offering another option, the head-sweat visor. Boys and Parents, this is available to you as well - show that CRRC spirit!
- BLACK PLAID FLANNEL PANTS– these are a fun option to wear between races, they have the CRRC logo in white on the front and come ONLY in men's sizes so ladies be aware of this when choosing a size. Sizes XS-XL.
- V-NECK "PARENTS" T-SHIRT- We are introducing some additional spirit wear for parents. This is a V-neck fitted blue shirt with a small CRRC logo on the front.
- SPIRIT WEAR - parents love to attend regattas and cheer on the CRRC crew, as a reminder we have numerous items on our order form to help you identify yourselves with CRRC. The Spring season can be a chilly one so be sure to check out our cold weather accessories: hats, visors, scarves, blankets, sweatshirts, etc.
Mail order form and payment to Angela Neidigh, 3585 Mathias Way, Verona WI 53593. Please DO NOT give orders to rowers or coaches to deliver. Keep clothing payments separate from rowing fees.
Clothing will be delivered at the boathouse before our Spring Break trip.
Orders and payment due January 22
Spring Break Plans Taking Shape
The buses will leave Madison on the morning of Friday, March 18. On Friday, March 25, rowers travel to St Louis. Rowers return to Madison around 7pm on Saturday,
Parent Pick-Up: We need parents to stay after practice until the last rower is picked up. Volunteer will stay with rower(s) and have cell phone available. Click here to learn more and to sign up.
Mark Your Calendar
- Monday, Jan 18: No Practice
- Saturday, Jan 30 and Saturday, Feb 20: Practice at UW Porter Boathouse in rowing tanks
Previously Posted, Still Relevant
It's a great time to talk to your friends about joining our club. Rowers are welcome to join any time, but heading into Sring racing season and our trip to Tennessee is a great time for a novice to start.
For the recruiting video, click here.
For the slightly longer promotional video, click here.
Staying In Touch With CRRC
- Website: http://www.camprandallrc.org
- Email: email@example.com
- Oaracle Newsletter: All the news you need about what's going on at CRRC is sent via the Oaracle. Please sign up on the CRRC webpage. You will find it in the right side-bar under “Subscribe to Oaracle”.
- To Submit Items for the Oaracle: Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @rowCRRC - To sign up, simply text Follow rowCRRC to the # 40404. There’s no extra charge beyond what your regular texting costs. You can also follow our twitter account online by going to www.twitter.com/rowCRRC.
- Instagram: camprandallrc
- YouTube: Check out our page!
WCR winter Workouts begin January 9th, 2016
What: Winter indoor workouts (includes erg rowing machine, strength, and flexibility training)
When: Saturdays 9:30-11:00 a.m.
Wednesdays 6:15-7:45 p.m.
Dates: January 9 - April 30 (includes on-the-water experience) Feel free to join in at anytime.
Where: Brittingham Boathouse
701 N. Shore Drive, Madison WI
Who: WeCanRow is a rowing program designed for women who have or had cancer. Winter workouts are open to friends and family of survivors as well.
Cost: No charge for rowers who registered for the 2015 rowing season. $50 fee for all other participants. Cash or check made payable to CRRC. Fees cannot be prorated.
Feel free to share this information with women you know who have had a cancer diagnosis. Contact us at email@example.com
for further information.
Check out our web page for more information: http://camprandallrc.org/programs/we-can-row/
Our Mission: WeCanRow Madison strives to promote physical wellness through rowing for female cancer survivors throughout all stages of recovery in an environment of support and safety.