IN THIS ISSUE
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon: 02/07
Sign up to help with our Annual Teacher Appreciation Luncheon taking place on Wednesday, February 7th! We are looking for parents to provide a luncheon item, dessert or drinks. We are also in need of volunteers to help us set up and clean up. Set up is at 10:30am and clean up is at 2:30pm. The teachers absolutely love and appreciate every aspect of this day! Please sign up below!
Teacher Appreciation Luncheon 2018 – Sign up Sheet
Annual Appeal – Help us reach our goal
This year our goal is to get 100% Participation from our amazing community!
We are hoping that every family will participate in this fundraising endeavor. No amount is too small (or big) to give to the PTO – and all gifts make a difference. With your financial help, all children at Bigelow can enjoy many exciting, enriching and fun educational programs. Learn more here.
To make your gift online by credit card just click here: Donate online. Or you can send a check to: Bigelow PTO at 42 Vernon Street, Newton, MA 02458 – download form here.
Matching gifts are a great way to maximize your donation and can double or triple your gift to education. Please click here for a partial list of companies that offer to match employee donations.
All donations – large or small – are greatly appreciated and will help us achieve all that the PTO sets out to do. A thank you to those of you who have already donated!!
You can be a Big part of our Big Night: donate an auction item!
We need 60 items for our Big Night Silent Auction on March 24th at the Cambridge Boat Club. Can you donate an item for our fun, festive night??
Here are a few ideas:
- Offer your vacation home for a weekend or week away
- Put together a theme basket of complimentary items such as a wine basket -assorted bottles of vino & glasses; a lottery card wreath – make a circular wreath of lottery tickets; an olive oil presentation -olive oil, olive dish, crackers, fancy napkins on a rustic tray
- Game night package – t-shirts, banners, insulated cups etc – of your favorite sports team
- A gift certificate to your favorite restaurant, coffeehouse or movie theatre
- Host a dinner party, football game or cocktail party – host a gathering at your house and your friends will bid on it!
Please contact Meredith Andrews, Big Night Committee Chairperson, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
More information about the 2018 Big Night and about donating items.
Mark Your Calendars
- Mon, Jan 29 - Jazz Band Concert 7:00pm
- Tue, Jan 30 - Geography Bee
- Tue, Jan 30 - Orchestra Concert 7:00pm (details...)
- Wed, Jan 31 - Ski and Snowboard Trip 3:00pm (details...)
- Mon, Feb 05 - Band Concert 7:00pm
- Wed, Feb 07 - Early Release 11:30am (details...)
- Wed, Feb 07 - Teacher Appreciation Luncheon 12:00pm (details...)
- Sun, Feb 11 - New England Camp Fair 11:30am (details...)
- Fri, Feb 16 - Chinese New Year Parade 11:00am
- Mon, Feb 19-23 - Winter Vacation
View Full Calendar
Community News and Advertisements
Highlights of the week
Registration at The Conservatory at Highlands now open!
If you're looking for more news about the district, local, educational and non-profit events, or services offered by local tutors, merchants, and other service providers, update your profile to receive Weekly Community Notes, sent on Wednesdays. You can also check out the Community Notes page maintained by the Newton PTO Council.
Newton Girls Softball registration information