IN THIS ISSUE
Reminder: Early release this Wednesday 09/27
Mark your calendars for all the Secondary Schools Afternoon Release 2017-2018
12:00 Dismissal (Thanksgiving)
8 Grade Car Wash on Friday
Does your car need the “Bigelow shine”?
The eighth grade is running a car wash in the Bigelow parking lot after school on Friday, September 29.
All proceeds benefit the 8th grade end-of-year events. Stop by to clean your car and be entertained!
The Bigelow Family Directory is in print
Thank you to all the families who ordered one copy. Your contribution to the PTO help us support programs for our children such as:
Directories will be ready at Back to School Night, 10/05.
Supper Stroll: consider hosting a dinner party
Saturday, November 4, 2017, is the Bigelow PTO Supper Stroll
Please Consider Hosting. We need Dinner Hosts and a Host for Dessert!
We have a host for the appetizer portion of this event. Please consider opening your home to host a dinner or host the dessert gathering. This adult only event has been an enjoyable PTO fundraiser for many years at Bigelow.
The Supper Stroll is a progressive dinner and is held at several homes in succession on one night. A single course served at each home. Everyone meets at one house for drinks & light appetizers where you receive your dinner hosts address, then you go to dinner in groups of 6+ at another then everyone meets at final house for dessert.
Tips for the Supper Stroll Dinners
- Cook what you love!
- Pick a theme if you want “Hot Night in Santorini”, “Gluten Free”, “BBQ or Bust”…
- Join together – one household cooks while the other hosts the dinner.
- Choose recipes that can be made ahead and kept warm until guests arrive.
- Buffet Style works for dinners as does sit-down.
Contact Una Simmons if you have any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org or BigelowBulldog@gmail.com
Bigelow Middle School is now on Twitter
Students, parents and the whole school community can now get up-to-the-minute updates on clubs, sports, and other events by following @BulldogWoofs on Twitter.
You can read the Twitterfeed on the Bigelow website, or click on the blue button to “Follow Us” on Twitter. By following us, families can get timely notifications sent right to their cellphones, tablets and computers!
This is a great way to keep informed of meetings for new clubs, changes in sports practices and contests, upcoming events, and much much more.
Go Bulldogs! Woof Woof!
Mark Your Calendars
- Mon, Sep 25 - Grade 6 A Field Trip
- Tue, Sep 26 - Grade 6 Parent Breakfast and Coffee 8:30am (details...)
- Wed, Sep 27 - Early Release
- Thu, Sep 28 - Grade 6 B Field Trip
- Fri, Sep 29 - Grade 8 Car Wash 3:00pm - 5:00pm (details...)
- Wed, Oct 04 - 7D Field Trip
- Thu, Oct 05 - 7C Field Trip
- Thu, Oct 05 - METCO meeting 6:00pm (details...)
- Thu, Oct 05 - Back to School Night 7:00pm (details...)
- Thu, Oct 05 - PTO Family Directory Distribution 6:30pm
View Full Calendar
Community News and Advertisements
Highlights of the week
If you're looking for more news about the district, local, educational and non-profit events, or services offered by local tutors, merchants, and other service providers, update your profile to receive Weekly Community Notes, sent on Wednesdays. You can also check out the Community Notes page maintained by the Newton PTO Council.
Talking to children about race, culture, and identity