IN THIS ISSUE
2018 Annual Appeal
Please support your PTO and consider giving today. A gift of any size will help us reach our goal of 100% Participation.
Letters were sent to all Bigelow families asking for your support for the important activities of your PTO. We hope you have received your letter and will consider giving. Our goal this year is 100% participation in 30 days – a gift of any size will help us reach our goal.
You can send the PTO a check or make your donation online now!
For more information about the Annual Appeal click here.
Bigelow Clothing Sale
The Bigelow Middle School Student Council is sponsoring a sale of school clothing. You can find the order forms in the Bigelow Middle School website, or just click here. When ordering please write clearly and make all checks payable to Bigelow Middle School. Orders should be returned to homebase by Friday, January 26 and delivery should take about two weeks from then. Thank you for your support.
T-Shirt ($15 each) – Sweatshirt ($28 each) – Sweatpants ($25 each) – ORDER FORM AND DETAILS
See Bigelow Middle School website for pictures and Mr. Leone to see samples.
Can you give an item for our auction?
We need 60 items for our Big Night Silent Auction on March 24th at the Cambridge Boat Club. Can you donate an item for our fun, festive night??
Here are a few ideas
- Offer your vacation home for a weekend or week away.
- Put together a theme basket of complimentary items such as a wine basket -assorted bottles of vino & glasses; a lottery card wreath -make a circular wreath of lottery tickets; an olive oil presentation -olive oil, olive dish, crackers, fancy napkins on a rustic tray
- Game night – t-shirts, banners, insulated cups etc of your favorite sports team
- A gift certificate to your favorite restaurant, coffeehouse or movie theatre
- Host a dinner party, football game or cocktail party -host a gathering at your house and your friends will bid on it!
Winter PTO Meeting Minutes
Last week we had a PTO meeting with Superintendent David Fleishman and two members of the Newton School Committee: Bridget Ray-Canada and Ruth Goldman. A copy of the meeting minutes is posted on the Meeting Minutes page of PTO website.
Mark your calendars for the next PTO meetings:
Spring Meeting: 04/04/18
Annual Meeting: 06/06/18
Mark Your Calendars
- Tue, Jan 30 - Geography Bee 9:00am
- Tue, Jan 30 - Orchestra Concert 7:00pm (details...)
- Wed, Jan 31 - Ski and Snowboard Trip 3:00pm (details...)
- Mon, Feb 05 - Band Concert 7:00pm
- Wed, Feb 07 - Early Release 11:30am(details...)
- Wed, Feb 07 - Teacher appreciation luncheon 12:00pm (details...)
- Sun, Feb 11 - New England Camp Fair 11:30am (details...)
- Fri, Feb 16 - Chinese New Year Parade 11:00am
View Full Calendar
Community News and Advertisements
Highlights of the week
Mason-Rice Online Auction
If you're looking for more news about the district, local, educational and non-profit events, or services offered by local tutors, merchants, and other service providers, update your profile to receive Weekly Community Notes, sent on Wednesdays. You can also check out the Community Notes page maintained by the Newton PTO Council.
Newton CPC January 23rd public hearings