March Newsletter 2012
hi motivated mums x
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together? My aim has always been to try and bring events to Mums all over Oz - give them the opportunity to get off the computer and out into the world - and I am so insanely excited as it's happening (as you can see from all the events listed RHS).
Two things I'd like to share with you on this:
And if you make an event and it helps in any way, I will most definitely have achieved my goals!
If you have big plans - stick with them! Don't give up. It is such an amazing feeling when you finally get there and can say 'I created this'.
I know you're busy and you have a lot of work and you need to be in front of the computer. But, if you're in any of these areas listed, then please try and get to an event - I ask not for me, but for you. I guarantee you, the feeling of having that human contact, the sharing of ideas and the making of friends will have you leaving on cloud nine.
Cheers, Alli x
i'm excited about
Mummy Mentoring Festival
is coming March 8th - International Women's Day.
On this date - at 9am AEST - you will be able to purchase mentoring sessions donated by some of the most successful women in business, with all funds raised going to charity.
Get social media help from Lara Solomon, Social Rabbit or Chantelle Ellem, Fat Mum Slim.
Chat about selling product or selling overseas with Catherine Cervasio, Aromababy or Michelle Vogrinec, Gaia Skin Naturals.
Find out which press releases work from Genevieve Quigley, Editor of Practical Parenting or how you can build your business enough that you get your pic taken with Richard Branson like Kate Engler of Publicity Pricess did.
And so much more from so many more!! Check them all out here
My one recommendation? Think laterally! You don't need to be mentored by someone in exactly the same field as you - these women are dynamos with marketing, branding, building a business, time management and more and I guarantee that they will all have something to offer you x
top 5 tips for wall posts on your FB business page
1. Write your posts for the readers Newsfeed, not your business page wall! Most users of Facebook are going to view your business page posts through their Newsfeed. Writing things in your wall posts like "click on the info tab on the left" will cause confusion for some readers. Most will not bother to go to your page, then look for the tab. Keep it simple to understand and suitable for Newsfeed Readers.
2. Photos, Photos, Photos! Facebook users are very visual and it all about Photos, Twitter is for Text. Make your posts noticeable and encourage engagement with your readers by adding Photographs related to your message.
3. Include Your Links! By including links to information on your website or blog, this not only benefits your facebook page interaction, but it will increase your hits on your website and blog, and once your link is opened, often will encourage the reader to look at what else you have on offer while they are there.
4. Utilize Your Wall! Whatever the purpose of your Facebook Business Page is, be it Selling Products, Services or Community Groups, your fans like to keep up-to-date with what is going on. Regularly post about your events, services, specials etc. Most users will not go searching through your page looking for current information, they like to be able to find it quickly on your wall, or view it through their newsfeed.
5. Manners! Take the time to thank fans for their input, interaction and options on your posts. By taking the time to express your appreciation of their time, you will create loyal and interested fans in your business.
Judi Gray is the owner of Blue Bird Internet Marketing & Social Media. Blue Bird Internet Marketing and Social Media, specialises in creating Social Media Pages and Blogs for Businesses of all sizes.
loving, following, liking, looking
I'm loving :
Lainie Brookman of Miss Mienna
not only makes gorgeous little dresses for gals, but I just found out she also makes wedding dresses - super talented lass!
I'm liking : My Little Bookcase
is a fab FB page for wonderful ideas for reading
and more with the kids.
I'm following :
Chantelle Ellem at FatMumSlim
interesting on Twitter, a great blogger and also fab to follow on Instagram
I'm looking :
At Hayley Bradley's
32, yes 32 Pinterest boards! Get inspiration on room ideas, kids activities and even Christmas!
(pic by TamaraJayne Photography)
articles and blogged bits
Dorothy from Singular Insanity blog gives great tips on how businesses can work with bloggers
Here is what I
learned about how you can use video for your business
Thinking of selling your business?
Here are some great tips to consider when making the decision.
is great for small tasks that you need done in your business and you only pay $5.
Want to know more about the Facebook Insights tab
? Here is a great article that explains it all.
prize giveaway every Monday of the year!
Would you like to win services and products
to help you in biz?
Starting Monday 6th - every week until December - Motivating Mum will be reviewing a service or product
for biz mums and then giving away the equivalent to one lucky person that comments (winners drawn Fri that week).
Mar 5: 1 hour business breakthrough strategy session with Outer Edge Coaching
where we will create a marketing strategy
that can be implemented straight away and ensure the biggest return
Mar 12: Three copies of 'Successful Blogging in 12 Simple Steps' which teaches small business owners
and writers how to effectively market or sell
their products online through blogging. Giveaway by Successful Blogging
Mar 19: Get a Media List
to the value of $250 from Handle Your Own PR
Mar 26: Have a newsletter
produced by C Squared Virtual Admin Services
Motivating Mum is a website and events service offering support and advice to mums in business, or those wanting to be. Get education and inspiration through phone mentoring with established Businessmums', networking and brainstorm events, online forum, articles and features and more. www.motivatingmum.com