MVFC Keeping Busy
1. Monthly Community Meetings at Lakeview Kitchen, we meet on the 3rd Monday each month from 6-7pm. Next meetings:
We started off a busy season of community outreach with Kids Arts Fest, there was tabling at the Haverhill Farmers Market in June, we have met with city leaders to discuss our ideas and attended a Public Economic Forum.
Just last week we met lots of terrific families while we hosted the Movies by the River. Thanks to everyone who is helping us make the 500 "likes" on Facebook happen. We only need 20 more as of this morning. And the Summer isn't over yet...
Where you can find MVFC next
August 17, September 21 and October 19
2. On Labor Day, Sept 7th, look for the Giant Tomato at the Bread and Roses Festival on Campagnone Common in Lawrence. This is a unique festival with lots of great music and fun for all. More info here: http://breadandrosesheritage.org/welcome.html
3. Later that week, September 12, we will be at the Haverhill Farmers Market during Healthy Living Festival. Some fun, interactive activity will be highlighted.
MVFC Fundraising Plans
We are working on several options this Fall to keep raising money for the market study. One simple way to help our fundraising is to buy our new "Co-ops are Co-ol" t-shirts.
They are $15 each in a range of sizes.
Our plans for a gofundme campaign will kick off this Fall. We will keep the details coming as we get things together.
Another grant possibility is coming up in September, wish us luck!
Our ultimate goal is to sell member shares and show the world that Haverhill is ready for a food co-op. Can you make a $150 commitment toward the MVFC future today? Get your membership now click MVFC Membership Application
How else you can get involved
1. Tell your friends, like us of Facebook, share our posts and this newsletter
2. Help us at the Haverhill Farmers Market during the Healthy Living Festival on September 12th.
3. Join a committee and spread the word - Outreach, Volunteer Coordination, Planning, Social Media, Web Development and more
4. Host a Pot-Luck for your neighbors, co-workers, or social group. Just tell us when you are available, we all prepare a dish and talk co-op in a fun, casual setting.
5. Do you know about a group we should meet, people who need to know about a co-op grocery in Haverhill? Please send them our way.