This is what we think
Twenty one statements you can disagree with. Or not.
- There is always another way.
- The most important thing to get right is the well being of the child.
- Teaching children to think for themselves is of critical importance.
- Teachers are humans too. So are school leaders.
- Engagement trumps behaviour.
- Qualifications are an indicator of something but not everything.
- We don't all learn the same way.
- Data should be used to improve your children, not the other way round.
- You can't say what works. You can only really say what worked. For you. With that class. Then.
- Clicking at children is just wrong. So is shouting at them.
- Testing children measures how well children can pass tests.
- It's not just complicated, it's complex.
- Children don't fail school, school fails them.
- 'Ofsted Outstanding' banners outside schools should be burned.
- Childhood is not simply a training programme for adulthood.
- Most children want to do well. So do most teachers.
- The future will be less like the past than present is.
- Niceness trumps bullying and ideas trump egos.
- Environmental issues, health and wellbeing, the Arts and citizenship should be at the heart of any curriculum.
- Education is too important to be taken seriously.
- All progress depends on awkward fish.