The original ‘Reconstructed nature’ shot – 9 November
The ‘Reconstructed nature’ project which I’m currently in the midst of has been in my mind for some time it would seem. I started shooting plants indoors as part of my ‘Uninvited guests’ project and for those images I used wire and bulldog clips to hold the plants in position in front of a window.
This shot of forsythia was taken much later and the shoots were taped to hold them in position, on paper I think. The colour version was the original shot but for some reason I shot the monochrome picture, with the tape, two days later. And then, like most pictures, did nothing with it for two years until I posted it on Instagram as part of another project. I replicated the idea with some daisies earlier this year and look where we are now! Some ideas just need time to ferment I guess, or in this case, I think having the time and the place to experiment and push the concept further has really helped it develop into a proper project.