2015 Year in Review
Happy New Year from the Meikle Wind Team,
We would like to wish you and your families a happy New Year filled with peace, health, and happiness! Our construction teams will be taking a break to enjoy a much needed winter break and await the return of more favorable weather in the month of February, when we plan to commence construction activity again. Before we rest, we wanted to take a moment and share with you all that has been going on at the site.
To date the Meikle Wind Team has:
What is left for the months ahead?
- Mulched, stripped, cut and filled, and graded more than 26.3 km of roads;
- Constructed 61 turbine pads, including excavation, formwork, concrete pouring and backfilling;
- Completed the concrete work involved for the transformer walls, pads and foundations;
- Completed 26 km of the collector network (trenching, cable installation and backfilling);
- Conducted Environmental Awareness Training for 660 total employees and subcontractors.
- Installation of 230 kV transmission line;
- Final grading and reclamation of roads and turbine pads;
- Riparian planting;
- Delivery and installation of turbine components;
- Completion of the collection network;
- Completion of the substation and installation of components;
- Construction of the Operations and Maintenance Building; and
- Reclamation of the temporary construction lay down areas.
As you can see, the Meikle Wind team has been busy constructing the project and still has plenty of work to do in the coming months, but we always always have time for questions so do not hesitate to let us know if we can help or inform you in any way.
Season Greetings from all of the Meikle Wind Team!