Dear New Roots Community,
Starting this year, New Roots will be using ParentSquare as our new parent engagement tool to streamline communication with our school community. ParentSquare will allow us to do everything from sending out classroom specific notices to school-wide notices (i.e. snow days) as well as share photos and files with our New Roots community. In an effort to make communications as efficient as possible, families will receive information related to thier student only. It also gives parents, teachers, and staff the opportunity to have one-on-one conversations with the direct messaging feature. To learn about all of the ways you can use ParentSquare, check out the ParentSquare Help Pages as well as the resources included in this newsletter.
ParentSquare provides a simple and safe way for everyone at school to connect. With ParentSquare you’ll be able to:
- Receive school and classroom communication via email, text, or app
- View the school meeting and events calendar and RSVP for events
- Direct message with teachers and staff
- Easily sign up for family/student/teacher conferences
- Easily sign up to volunteer and/or bring items to the school
- View and download photos posted by teachers and staff
If you have a smartphone (not required) please download the mobile app from the App Store or Google Play. If you don't have a smartphone, you can access your account through a web browser on a computer. When you're logged in you'll see that we have pre-populated the following information in ParentSquare:
- Your student's classes
- Our school events calendar for 2019-2020
- Staff contact info
- Your contact info (based on the info provided during the school application process)
If you'd like us to edit your contact info, please reach out to Michael (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Remanu (email@example.com).
We're looking forward to streamlining communications with you in the 2019-2020 school year and we invite you to select your communication preferences (email, text, app, etc...) to ensure you receive notices from the school in a way that works best for you.
Please reach out to Michael (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Remanu (email@example.com) with any questions. We're happy to support you as you engage with this new communication tool.