It's that time of year again.
It's the 60th anniversary of the New York Antiquarian Book Fair this weekend and we're pleased again to be exhibiting. This year you can find us in booth E9, as usual with our colleagues from Lux Mentis.
Some highlights of what we'll have with us:
- Marcel Duchamp's rare 1932 book on chess, with covers designed by the artist.
- The first modern zombie novel: Francis de Miomandre's LE ZOMBIE (1935).
- An original vintage print of the cover image from Danny Lyon's iconic photobook THE BIKERIDERS.
- A 22-issue run of one of the most influential music zines of the 1980s: Manchester's CITY FUN.
- Beautiful copies of two important and early surfing books: THE ART OF WAVE RIDING (1931) and HAWAIIAN SURFBOARD (1935).
- A stunning illuminated manuscript from the great type designer Frederic Goudy.
- David Hicks's personal copy of his classic of interior design DECORATION-5.
- The first catalogue from the legendary punk fashion boutique BOY.
In addition, we'll be bringing our usual assortment of artists' publications (including the monumental checklist of THE RUTH & MARVIN SACKNER ARCHIVE OF CONCRETE AND VISUAL POETRY ), zines and little magazines (a complete run of Rick Jay's amazing JAY'S JOURNAL OF ANOMALIES), poetry (Anne Sexton's copy of Robert Lowell anyone?), mimeos, music, folk and outsider books, primary materials, plus much more. Including...
...A strong selection of material from Type Punch Matrix's first print catalogue, copies of which we'll have on hand in advance of mailing next week. If you're not planning on being at the fair, but would like to receive a copy, just reply to this email with your mailing address.
Likewise, we also have some passes left for the fair. Just reply to request.
Hours and other info is available here.
Hope to see you there.