My Top 10 of 2022
I love to look back at the end of the year and list the 10 best things that happened. When I do this for C4AA, it’s honestly hard to choose.
Here are just 10 things we accomplished this year together, plus a couple of special treats below.
1. 2022 has shown me that there is hope.
So many people have picked up the fight against authoritarianism, disinformation and injustice and are finding creative and innovative ways to persevere and win.
Philadelphia high schoolers cheer on their peers at the first Teen March on the Ballot Box, supported through our Unstoppable Voters Action Accelerator, which brought hundreds of students together to vote.
2. We launched the Smithsonian Artistic Activism exhibition.
Artist Yetunde Sapp and family celebrate the launch of the Utopia Project experience at the Smithsonian's Anacostia Community Museum in November 2022.
3. We trained over 450 people (4 times our past annual average!)
4. We helped people working on voting, climate, reproductive rights, LGBTQIA+ rights, health equity, restorative justice, and debt relief.
Ricardo Negron-Almodovar, Florida Campaign Manager at our partner All Voting is Local, finds creative paths to help voters at our training in Orlando in May.
5. We distributed over 200 tools and resources.
6. We created our first Fellowship program.
The 2022 Unstoppable Voters Fellows hailed from Georgia, Pennsylvania, Texas, Wisconsin, and DC, and they developed incredible creative projects to support voting in November’s elections.
7. We supported 23 voting actions ahead of the midterms in Georgia, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and other states.
Philadelphia students and their teachers parade through the streets at the Teen March on the Ballot Box in October.
8. We partnered with over 40 amazing organizations.
Gabriella Rodriguez, Executive Director at our partner QLatinx in Orlando, helps us lead our Artistic Activism: ¡La Mega Clase! Unstoppable Voters training.
9. Our C4AA family grew!
10. We reached over 1200 people in our fantastic online series, Revolutionizing Activism.
Some treats I want to share with you:
A New Book!
The Activist Angler is a new book about activism and fishing by our Co-Founder and Research Director, Stephen Duncombe.
As an organization devoted to helping people use their own creativity to make profound change in the world, I’m so pleased that we’ve been able to help many hundreds of people do exactly that. I have so much gratitude for the brilliant C4AA team, our network of partners and collaborators, and you.
If you can donate to help us unlock our anonymous donor match by the end of the year, wonderful! We also have some especially fun donor gifts this year.
Thank you for being a part of this.
Center for Artistic Activism
Celebrate the mission for DC Statehood with the Apollo 51 patch, one of the gifts we're giving as thanks to donors this year!
Photo credits: 1. Cain Images, 2. Andrea Jones, 3. Top5ive Photography, 4. Eli Berrios, 5. Andrea Jones, 6. Good For You Productions, 7. Cain Images, 8. Eli Berrios, 9. Good For You Productions and 10. Leonidas Martín Saura.