Stay Well This Fall!
Tips to keep colds and the flu away from you!
1) Eat fall super foods like pumpkins, apples, brussels sprouts, squash, pears and sweet potatoes. These will be cheaper this time of year and have more nutritional value because they are in season! Click here for a sweet potato frittata recipe.
2) Boost your immune system, with regular exercise, immune boosting Acupuncture treatments and limiting your sugar intake. (If you feel like you are about to get sick cut out sugar completely.)
3) Stay hydrated, we can forget to do this in the fall because it is cooler outside, but it is still an important part of staying healthy and not getting sick.
4) If you feel like you are about to get sick make this tea and drink until you are feeling well again:
Cong Bai Tea
1 bunch of green onions (chopped)
2 orange peels (chopped)
5 slices of fresh ginger root (1/8â€ thick)
1 TBSP of brown sugar
2 quarts of water
Boil ingredients for 10 minutes, strain, and enjoy this warm tea to support your body during cold and flu season.
5) Eat Soups! As the weather gets colder it's important to keep your body well nourished and warm. Try to eat soups that have a vegetable or marrow broth and avoid soups with a lot of dairy to stay well! Click here for some great soup recipes!
Interested in Immune Boosting Acupuncture?
Contact Sita Symonette at: