A MOMENT WITH PASTOR LUKE
Good afternoon Church,
We are deeply saddened with the news of a brother in Christ, and former member of our Church, Andrew Bauer’s passing. Andrew was an amazing follower of Jesus. He stood with conviction in Christ as our only hope and a posture of empathy towards others. This loss is difficult, as all losses are, because of the sudden and unexpectedness of it. It leaves us asking God why? As well as causes us to wonder and maybe even question His overall will.
We have lost a brother and it is tough seeing God’s presence in this. I think of the words of Martha in John 11:21 “Lord, if You had been here…” that accurately depict my emotions and I am sure many of yours. "Lord if only you would come! If only Lord! Then we would never have to endure loss and pain. The place where You will wipe our tears and death will be no more! (Revelation 21:4) But Jesus’ words in response are tremendously healing to our grief as well as our overall hope. “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies” (11:25). Jesus’ words direct our emotions to His will, which is to save for eternity those who will trust in Him. There will come a resurrection morning and on that day we who trust in Jesus will see Andrew again. So take the time to grieve and to mourn. Take the time with Jesus and let Him comfort us in this tremendously difficult time. Lift up our sister church, Chestatee, and Andrew’s wife Kaline and families. May we come together to be here for one another.
There will be a celebration of life for Andrew Bauer at the Chestatee Church Sunday, January 10, at 11 am. This service is only open to Alpharetta and Chestatee members, along with other special invitees by the Bauer family. Space will be very limited considering all the lives he touched! In order to have this service, the church will be cleaned and sanitized after Sabbath hours, before services on Sunday. Those who cannot attend, can view all the services online through YouTube or the church website.
Go to: www.chestateesda.org/links/andrew-bauer
The following applies to the “in-person service” (some of these at the request of family:
1) A mask must be worn AT ALL TIMES WHEN INSIDE any location in the church.
2) A mask can be taken off only when an individual is in front of the congregation speaking into a microphone (so that online and in-person viewers can hear clearly)
3) When the main sanctuary reaches 50% of deemed fire capacity, others will be seated in the social hall. When the social hall reaches 50% fire capacity, people will be directed to the outside pavilion where sound and video will be available. Those who find it too cold, or desire to stay in their cars, can tune in to a specific FM station (only available in area by the church) to receive transmission of the service.
4) Anyone wishing to express thoughts with the family regarding Andrew need to share their thoughts ahead of time so that they can be read during the service.
Go to: https://forms.gle/a9Jqw89GhgTKacxJ8 (submit before 5pm on January 9)
5) When the service is over, the congregation will be dismissed starting from the back and ending last, with the family up front. The congregation will be asked to go directly to their cars and drive through the carport to give condolences to the family standing outside, underneath the overhang in the front of the church.
We worked hard together with the family to arrive at a plan that was acceptable to all the family and that would allow for having an “in person service” during this time of COVID. Let us be respectful, honoring the memory of a young man that is dear to our hearts, and adhere to this plan, understanding that Kaline will need our love and hugs (when we are able to safely). If you are interested in being a special ongoing support to her send an email to Pastor@ChestateeSDA.org. There are a few specific ways to support Kaline that we are already planning for…”Shhh! She doesn’t know the details!”
If you would like to send a card, here is her address:
228 Joseph Lane, Dawsonville, GA 30534
Andrew’s obituary can be found here: Go to: www.chestateesda.org/links/andrew-bauer
Praying for you all this Sabbath,