Funding Our Collective Future
Each Spring we ask of you to contribute toward our fundraising campaign to help sustain IMIrJ’s work. However, with the coronavirus impacting immigrant communities, we decided we must restructure and reimagine where we focus our resources in this critical moment. We must ensure funding that goes directly to impacted communities AND invest in building a strong movement that will create long-term systemic changes. To do this in a faithful way, we decided that our spring campaign will split proceeds with immigrant justice movement partners and the immigrant communities across Oregon.
We are launching our campaign, “A Leap of Faith” with a goal to fundraise $60,000. Our campaign’s title is inspired by our taking a leap of faith to do fundraising like we’ve never done before. This campaign will distribute funds in the following way:
- 1/3 of all funds raised will support IMIrJ’s ongoing organizing efforts, as we accompany Oregon faith communities into action to advance immigrant and refugee justice.
- 1/3 of all funds raised will go directly to undocumented immigrants who are being disproportionally impacted by this pandemic and are unable to access federal or state relief, through the Oregon Worker Relief Fund, 100% of which goes to people directly impacted.
- 1/3 of all funds raised will support our social justice partners, who are also engaged in critical organizing work around this crisis, through MRG’s COVID-19 Community Response Fund. This fund was set up to deploy resources to groups working toward long-term, systemic, and policy solutions to this crisis.
This campaign seeks to simultaneously acknowledge and address two stark realities:
- Undocumented Oregonians are being disproportionately impacted by this pandemic and are in urgent need of relief to ensure that they can stay in their homes, keep themselves and their families fed, keep the lights on, access needed medical care, etc. Relief which they have been denied by the federal government.
- Short-term solutions are not enough. We must ensure the lessons from this pandemic are turned into long-term changes to our systems. To accomplish this, we must invest in organizations that are working toward long-term, systemic, and policy solutions to this crisis.
To support not only us, but our fellow organizers and immigrant community members, please donate here! You can also spread the word by sharing our donation page. Thank you!