4. I chose to return to Abu Dhabi after a near nine year absence. I held my solo exhibition at the Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation in December 2005. During my recent trip I had positive meetings with various people. Time will tell what will happen next!
5. I have been invited again to participate in the invitation-only $30,000 Tattersall's Landscape Art Award held in September here in Brisbane.
6. My next exhibition will be 2 - 14 September. Cosmology, the study of the Universe [if not the Multiverse!] is still a major influence, so the show will be a continuation of my last exhibition Cosmic Address. I have not decided on a name for the new show yet. Graydon Gallery, 29 Merthyr Rd, New Farm, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia.
SOME NEW PAINTINGS
Influences for these new paintings:
1. Cosmology egs: recent discovery of what scientists think is the signature of the gravitational waves from the Big Bang; Multiverse possibilities; Earth-like planets in the habitable zone of distant stars...and more
2. Landscape...rethinking notions of landscape with the new cosmic perspectives revealed by cosmology...untethering landscape from earth-bound horizons.
3. The potency of age-old transcultural/religious symbols and how they may 'speak' to us in the 21st century.
4. Australian author Tim Winton's wonderful speech at the Royal Academy, The Island Seen and Felt: Some Thoughts About Landscapes, London, November 2013 as part of the program for the Australia exhibition held at the Academy, September - December.
5. Now, mix all the above together!