MAKE QUICK $$$
CREATIVE WRITING INSTITUTE'S 4th
SHORT STORY CONTEST
Especially note our requirements for G-rated literature. Please see #1 below for further definition.
A contest that is truly for beginner's only. If you have sold a short story or a book - congratulations - but you do NOT qualify for this contest. If, on the other hand, you have self-published, you may enter. This is an honor system.
Entries must be received by midnight, USA Eastern Standard Time, August 31, 2012.
1. Any genre: Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Romance, Children, etc., No erotica, profanity, swearing, or gore. (Swearing includes the following: hell, damn, bitch, using God's name in vain, and etc.) This is a "G" rated contest.
Entries that do not follow this guideline will be disqualified.
2. Entries must be 1,000 to 1,750 words. (This is a strict word count. Don't count the title or personal information.) Place the word count at the top of page 1 before submitting.
3. Entry fee is $6 to help cover expenses. CWI is a nonprofit charity that sponsors cancer patients in writing courses, so this small fee will go to a worthy cause. This is a small contest and you will be competing against other beginners, so your chances are good. Pay by credit card or PayPal here when you submit your entry. We will not be able to see your information.
4. No more than two entries per person, please - $6 per entry. Sorry. No refunds.
5. All rights remain the property of the author.
6. By entering, you are stating that the work is your own copyright.
7. Entries will be judged on originality, creativity, style, and technique.
8. Be sure that your entry has been proofread and edited. Points will be deducted for poorly structured sentences, spelling mistakes, and grammatical errors. Your entry should reflect your commitment to writing.
9. Submit entry through http://creativewritinginstitute.submittable.com/submit
as plain text. (As you go through the submission process, there will be a space for you to cut and paste your document and make payment.) Do NOT send as .pdf, attachments, or emailed entries as these will NOT be accepted. (When you enter, scroll down to the large SUBMIT word at the bottom of the instructions.)
10. Read tips and tricks on how to win a contest at http://www.DeborahOwen.wordpress.com
URGENT: FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES
or your entry will be disqualified. Winners will be notified by email on or before November 30, 2012.
* First place: $100
$$$ PRIZES $$$
OR a tutored writing course at Creative Writing Institute, valued at $200.
In addition, the winner will receive Word Magic by Cindy Rogers, an autographed copy of Word Trippers by Barbara McNichol, and a fiction anthology contributed by Janie Sullivan of Center for Writing Excellence. Winning entry will be published on our website and blog, along with a bio and picture, if provided.
* Second place: $50
and a copy of Word Magic by Cindy Rogers. Winner's name will be published on our website and blog and we will provide a link to your story.
* Third place: One free tutoring session with CEO
and Founder, Deborah Owen, and an autographed copy of Word Trippers by Barbara McNichol. Winner's name will be published on our website and blog and we will provide a link to your story.
Names will be published on our website and blog and we will provide a link to your story.
This contest is especially for beginners
, so your chances are great! Invest in yourself and enter today. One of the best ways to proofread is to read your entry aloud. Errors will jump out at you. It would be a shame to miss a placing because you didn't edit well enough.
The competition will be judged by six judges, experienced in short story writing and editing. Direct your questions to Jo Popek, head judge, at CWIContest2012@gmail.com
Competition Coordinator is Annie Evett .
Sign up for The Writer's Choice Newsletter at http://cwinst.com/newslettersignup.php
. Get the latest, hottest tips on writing!
Deborah Owen, CEO, Creative Writing Institute
Unsubscribe <<Email Address>> from this list:
Our mailing address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Do not submit entries to this address.)