OCTOBER FIRST is the
FIRST, FIRST FRIDAY!
First Fridays are designed to reach our diverse Marion County audience. Programs for urban gardeners, farmers, producers, and those who are willing to learn something new about soil, water or conserving natural resources. First Fridays will begin on October 1, 2021, and continue through April 1, 2022, on the first Friday of the month via Zoom 10:00am to 11:00am.
Join Marion SWCD staff and other subject matter experts at any of the First Friday events. By registering via Eventbrite you will receive the zoom link to attend your desired First Friday program, you will need to select all the dates you would like to attend. A non-formal presentation and opportunities to network with subject matter experts will fit into the 10:00-11:00 am timeframe.
- October 1: Programs & Partnerships in Marion County for Small Farm Program Hayley White, OSU Extension Small Farms Program. Our target audience will be growers and farmers looking to learn more about resources, OSU Extension programming/projects, educational events focused on small farms.
- November 5: ODA Ag Channel Maintenance Details, Speaker TBD. Our target audience will be farmers and producers.
- December 3: Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) Drew Donahue, Multi-County Riparian Technician. Our target audience will be farmers and producers.
- January 7: Climate and How to Plant for the Future, Weston Miller, Oregon State Assistant Professor Department of Horticulture. Our target audience will be urban growers and folks with landscape interest in the yard setting.
- February 4: Winter Twig ID, Amy Bartow, NRCS Plant Materials Center. Our target audience is anyone looking to learn more about how to identify native deciduous trees in winter.
- March 4: Marion County Recycling/Composting Reduce and Reuse, Dakota Tangredi, Reduction Coordinator. Our target audience is any interested Marion County resident who is interested in reducing the waste stream through consumer reduction, reuse, and finally recycling.
- April 1: Invasive Plant Species ID with Jenny Meisel, MSWCD Native & Invasive Plant Specialist. Our target audience is Marion County residents who would like to learn how to identify invasive plant species on their property to better manage their land.
No charge for registration. Select a specific date first, then click the green register button.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations please contact Marion SWCD at 503.391.9927 or email email@example.com.