Dear GFMD community,
What a year it's been! As 2018 draws to a close, it's time to reflect on the work we've done and look back on our achievements. This has been a year of positive developments for us, ranging from expanding our capacities in order to offer even more opportunities to our members and partners, to expanding our team to better serve the GFMD community. Some highlights include:
- Formally being granted special consultative status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- Launching our newly redesigned website
- Establishing our five working groups: Research and Learning, Internet Governance, Women in Media, SDG 16.10 – Access to Information, and Local and Community Media
- Introducing our Capacity Building Programme with Michael Randall
- Launching our issue paper on Internet governance and media development at the 13th global Internet Governance Forum (IGF)
- Celebrating International Right to Know Day (IDUAI) in Tunis
- Welcoming two new team members to the GFMD Secretariat
- And much, much more – be on the lookout for our annual report in the new year for more information!
Each of these achievements constituted months of work, and undoubtedly would not have been possible without all of the support by you, our members and partners. Thank you for all of your participation in our programmes and working groups, and for making this year such a milestone for GFMD.
Happy holidays from all of us, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate, and Happy New Year!
Cheers to a better 2019,
The GFMD team