DECEMBER 17TH, 2013
MERRY CHRISTMAS FRIENDS!
We are buried in over 14 inches of snow here in our cozy corner of Minnesota and Dad announced today that we are supposed to receive more snow on Thursday. Exciting! As with most of this year, December has been going far too quickly with lots of "catching-up" from months on the road. But, we are enjoying each day together, learning and growing in our relationships and faith.
2013 was a wonderful year filled with great joys and faith-deepening trials. We sang in Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, and even expanded into South Dakota; we had a blast meeting so many of you (we mean it!) and renewing our friendships. From spending Sunday mornings with small congregations to singing in front of thousands at festivals, this year was blessed with great experiences.
Collectively as a family we had many highlights:
- Our friend Mal underwent and recovered from a life-threatening surgery to remove his left kidney and a football-sized tumor (praise the Lord!).
- We discovered we could eat as a family at Culvers and Pizza Ranch - they offer gluten-free food, so Mom can eat with us (thanks to everyone who took us out to eat and blessed us with coupons)! :)
- We enjoyed seeing several national groups in concert, such as Legacy Five and the Booth Brothers.
- Several of us also count among the favorite moments meeting people from foreign countries (such as Australia, Ireland, Taiwan, and Germany). :)
- We had the honor to sing at the Stefanie H. Weill Center in Sheboygan, WI in November; it was so fun!
- We went to visit the Amana Colonies...oh, wait. This is supposed to be a highlights list... (We'll spare you the story.) :)
- And many, many more!
Here is a short run-down of some individual highlights:
Dad (David): The replacement of the transmission in the Glory Bus.
Mom (Kris): For me, it's probably adding Raheem to our family.
(Keep reading - we will tell more about that later!)
Ben: Releasing Out Front - my third project!
Taylor: Working with my graphic design clients and their fun projects.
Leesha: Meeting Duane King and touring Deaf Missions.
Sam: Singing at the 2013 Midwest Quartet Association Convention.
Jayme: Receiving the violin of my dreams!
Caleb: Being given a new Martin guitar was my favorite highlight.
There you have it: 2013 in less than...well, let's not bother to count how many characters. Who cares, anyway? :) We have been enjoying all your Christmas cards and letters - keep them coming!
In closing this short greeting, let us remind you of what this beautiful season is truly about:
"And the angel said to them, â€œFear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger.â€ (Luke 2:10-12)
"But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons."
Blessings and Joy in the Journey!
The Garms Family