Dear Fischer High School Students,
Posnack School will be closing its main campus, effective Monday, March 16. Online teaching for high school students will begin on Tuesday, March 17, and will run indefinitely until further notice.
The learning will continue via an online platform through Canvas. All high school teachers and students have been trained on how to use Canvas for online learning. This system will be most successful if our students are mindful of the procedures and expectations that have been set forth below.
Please read the following information regarding the procedures and expectations of online school for all Fischer High School students:
If the above expectations are not followed, teachers will contact parents by email. If the behavior or non-compliance persists, students will incur infractions to be addressed by the Dean of Students and may be subject to consequences.
- Students will participate in online schooling, attending classes, from Monday - Thursday only (for the duration of this online schooling period)
- Friday will be reserved for student independent work and scheduling office hours with their teachers
- An updated drop schedule can be found here
- Students will follow the bell schedule with 45-minute classes and 5 minutes in between periods (see modified schedule below)
- Students will begin their online school day at 8:45 am and end at 3:20 pm with a break for lunch from 11:15 am - 12:00 pm to align with middle school lunch (Tefillah will be observed before school, on an individual basis)
- Students will receive communication from each of their teachers regularly through their Canvas communications
- Students are expected to be logged into Canvas and join the appropriate Conference at the beginning of each class period
- Students are expected to remain logged in and present for the duration of each period, as directed by each teacher
- Teachers will take attendance every period, which will be indicated when the student joins the appropriate Canvas Conference
- Teachers will provide instruction via Canvas Conference and will continue to post learning materials and assignments on Canvas
- Teachers will use their webcam and microphone to deliver lessons and provide directions
- Students are expected to comply with the teacher’s instructions and be active participants during all online sessions
- Grades will be recorded for assigned projects and other written work and are expected to be submitted according to the due dates established by the teacher
- Teachers and academic counselors will continue to be available for students and parents to contact via email with any questions or concerns
- Students are expected to dress appropriately during the online school day (shoulders and stomachs should not be exposed while participating in online learning. Shorts worn should be mid-thigh or longer)
- While participating online, all inappropriate gestures or language either written or demonstrated on the camera will be subject to disciplinary action, per the handbook
- Students are expected to continue to adhere to all aspects of our Honor Code, as per described in our Handbook
Fischer High School online school schedule:
If you have any questions, please contact me at BRosenkrantz@posnackschool.org.
- Tefillah - 8:00 am - 8:40 am (student self-directed)
- A Period - 8:45 am - 9:30 am
- B Period - 9:35 am - 10:20 am
- C Period - 10:25 am - 11:10 am
- Lunch - 11:15 am - 12:00 pm
- D Period - 12:05 pm - 12:50 pm
- F Period - 12:55 pm - 1:40 pm
- G Period - 1:45 pm - 2:30 pm
- H Period - 2:35 pm - 3:20 pm
- Electives will be taught online, with the exception of Fitness
- Students will attend Learning Resources through Google Meet
Brooke Rosenkrantz, M.Ed.
Fischer High School Principal