Join Us for Accessibility 101!
The Ashe County Arts Council, in partnership with Arts Access and the North Carolina Arts Council are pleased to offer a workshop that will enable cultural organizations to better include people with disabilities. The workshop will cater to administrators, board members, volunteers, ushers, teachers, docents, box office staff, and additional front line staff at cultural arts organizations.
Participants will learn:
- Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act and how it impacts arts organizations
- Common accommodations for customers with disabilities and where to find them
- Sensitivity and disability etiquette in communications and assisting someone
- Emergency procedures and safety issues
- Steps for writing your organization’s ADA plan
When: Monday, March 20th, 2:00-5:00pm
Where: Ashe Arts Center, 303 School Avenue, West Jefferson
Register: email email@example.com or call the Arts Council 336.846-2787