Accessibility 101 workshops being help in Durham and Asheville!
Arts Access is pleased to offer a workshop that will enable cultural organizations to better include people with disabilities. This workshop will cater to administrators, board members, volunteers, ushers, docents, box office staff, and additional front-of-house staff at cultural arts organizations.
Participants will learn
- Overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act and how it impacts arts organizations
- Common accommodations for customers with disabilities and where to find them
- Sensitivity and disability etiquette in communicating with and assisting someone
- Emergency procedures and safety issues
- Steps for writing your organization's ADA plan
Friday April 8th, 1:30-4:30 pm
Location - Asheville Art Museum
Host - Asheville Arts Council - This workshop will be part of the Creative Sector Summit
Monday April 18th, 1:30-4:30 pm
Location - The Bullpen, Downtown Durham
Host- Durham Arts Council
Cost - $20