2018 START Manuals Released
We are pleased to announce that the 2018 START manuals are now available in the START Online Resource Area to all START team members. In the Resource Area, you will find the following:
As a learning community, we are always sharing knowledge and weaving evidence informed and best practices into the core approaches and practices of START. There are a few areas in this year’s manuals that START team members should pay particular attention to.
- 2018 START Clinical Teams Manual
- 2018 START Therapeutic Supports Manual
- 2018 START Therapeutic Supports Activities Packet
- 2018 START Therapeutic Supports Forms Packet
- 2018 START Coordinator Certification Guide
- Please review the START model mission, values, principles and approaches in Section I of the 2018 Clinical Team Manual. This reminds all of us of why we are committed to this important work and what makes START unique.
- The CET and CSE processes have changed and are now combined. Based on feedback from the network and the connection between the CET and CSE process, it made sense to modify expectations and practices to promote the use of both of these important processes. The CET should be seen as part of the CSE process in that it allows for multi-disciplinary collaboration among START team members and community partners and results in new, innovative perspectives, conceptualization of challenges and recommendations that are now integrated into a complete CSE.
- In-Home Therapeutic Coaching (formerly, START In-home mobile supports) resources and tools have also been modified to be more comprehensive. This will be a valuable resource for all programs offering or considering offering this service. It clearly defines how this therapeutic support service is integrated into the overall START service delivery structure. IHTC guidelines, roles & responsibilities, and documentation requirements are detailed in 2018 START Therapeutic Supports Manual Section IV. Forms related to IHTC services are included in the 2018 START Therapeutic Supports Forms Packet in Module IV.
- START Coordinator Certification Guide is replacing the START Coordinator Certification Planner and is intended to serve as a reference guide for START team members seeking certification. A training group syllabus has been added to the appendix. More information about Coordinator Certification Course updates will be released next week.
It is important that each START team member review the updated information and discuss with their supervisors. In the event that there are any questions, they should be directed to each program’s respective Center for START Services project facilitator.
The Center for START Services learns from the work being done in each START program across the country and values the input and feedback received. This year’s manuals are a product of the commitment and dedication present in all START programs across the country and reminds us of the START value of community.
Thank you all for your contributions.