In 2000, SABE discovered that people with disabilities were not exercising their right to vote and wanted to give everyone the opportunity to vote. To address this need, the GoVoter project was established.
The National Technical Assistance Center for Voting and Cognitive Access helps protection and advocacy systems, election officials and people with disabilities to make voting accessible for all citizens. The Center is managed and operated by leaders in the self-advocacy movement.
The American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) is a convener, connector, and catalyst for change, increasing the political and economic power of people with disabilities. As a national cross-disability rights organization, AAPD advocates for full civil rights for the over 60 million Americans with disabilities by promoting equal opportunity, economic power, independent living, and political participation.
Upcoming Presidential Primary State Resources
- Nevada - Nevada Disability Advocacy and Law Center - February 23, 2020
- South Carolina - Protection & Advocacy for People with Disabilities - March 3, 2020
- Alabama - Alabama Disabilities Advocacy Program - March 3, 2020
- Arkansas - Disability Rights Arkansas- March 3, 2020
- California - Disability Rights California - March 3, 2020
- Colorado - Disability Law Colorado- March 3, 2020
- Maine - Disability Rights Maine- March 3, 2020
- Massachusetts - REV Up Massachusetts- March 3, 2020
- Minnesota - Minnesota Council on Disability- March 3, 2020
- Oklahoma - Oklahoma Disability Law Center- March 3, 2020
- Rhode Island - Disability Rights Rhode Island- March 3, 2020
- Tennessee - Disability Rights Tennessee- March 3, 2020
- Texas - Disability Rights Texas- March 3, 2020
- Utah - Utah Disability Law Center- March 3, 2020
- Vermont - Disability Rights Vermont- March 3, 2020
- Virginia - disAbility Law Center of Virginia- March 3, 2020