Develop your ideas
Where does our sector want to be in 5 years?
Develop your ideas for the Strategic Brainstorming Forums
Tuesday 13 October 2015
For ATODA Members and Stakeholders
In preparation for the sector’s strategic brainstorming forums on Tuesday 13 October 2015 at University House, stakeholders are encouraged to develop ideas based on the questions below or download the template here
. Please come to the forums with some ideas in mind. You can contribute as many ideas as you like.
- You have been given a magic wand that will allow you to fix* an everyday problem that your clients often experience or that we in the sector often see in the ACT. What would you wish for?
- What exactly is the problem this will fix and how does the problem arise?
- Can you point to any evidence—such as trials of the idea or arrangements in other jurisdictions—that can be drawn on for guidance in making this idea work?
- If your wish comes true, what real world outcomes will we notice?
- How will this idea work in practice, what timeframe would it need, and who would carry it out?
*Don’t simply wish for ‘more funding’ here because while that would undoubtedly be useful, it is something over which ATODA and the sector has limited influence. Funds are more likely to be forthcoming for innovative ideas to spend or re-direct resources.
About the forum
ATODA members and stakeholders are invited to attend one or both strategic brainstorming forums on Tuesday 13 October 2015 (details below). The forums will generate ideas for the sector for the next five years, which can then contribute to policy processes such as the 2016-17 ACT Budget and the new ACT and National Drug Strategies.
ATODA’s overarching goal is the identification of priority outcomes and the activities needed to achieve them so as to make the ACT community healthier and safer and the ATOD sector the best in Australia.
ATODA will be seeking input across the following domains:
- Treatment and support
- Workforce development
- Participation of service and drug users, families and friends
- Harm reduction
- Law reform and enforcement
back to top
||Tuesday 13 October 2015
||Forum 1 - 09:30 – 12:30: Workers with service user contact
Forum 2 - 13:30 – 16:30: Executives/Managers, Researchers, Policy Makers and others
||Common Room, University House, The Australian National University - 1 Balmain Crescent, Acton
- ATODA members and stakeholders
- Anyone working in or who has an interest in preventing or reducing alcohol, tobacco and other drug related harms in the ACT
||Essential, please to Carrie Fowlie on email@example.com or (02) 6255 4070
||The workshop will be facilitated by Kinnford Consulting
||An online survey will be available following the forums for stakeholders to contribute ideas.