New on Broader View: December 2015
- American Jews: Closing the American Jewish Mind by Julian Zelizer, Tablet, December 9
- BDS: Getting Serious by Donniel Hartman, Times of Israel, December 24
- Colleges & Universities: BDS macro-aggression by Mark Yudof, Times of Israel, December 9
- Hamas: Second ISIS? by Evelyn Gordon, Commentary, December 16
- NGOs: NGO Transparency (editorial), Jerusalem Post, December 29
- Palestinians: Failed Leadership by Khaled Abu Toameh, December 11
More at Antisemitism
, Political Process
- Palestinian stabbings, car ramming, hammer attacks continued, supported by Hamas and justified by Abbas
- Jerusalem court convicted two Israeli teens of the July 2014 murder of 16-year-old Mohammed Abu Khdeir
- Reported Israeli air raid successfully targeted Hezbollah commander Samir Kuntar, convicted of brutal 1979 terror attack in Israel; Hezbollah vows revenge
- 1947 Jewish runaway teen bride, now a Syrian refugee great-grandmother, reunited with family in Israel
- Former Israeli prime minister Ehud Olmert sentenced to prison for bribery
- Czech parliament, Greece, and Hungary reject settlement labeling
- Israel renews diplomatic ties with Turkey, strengthens relations with Jordan, Russia, Vietnam, Japan, Germany, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Liberia, Albania, Panama, Greece and Cyprus.
- Israelis win international awards and honors in short-course swimming, bodybuilding, hottest startups and “coolest cloud startups,” medical apps, synthetic biology, clean technology, health technology, video technology, financial innovation, restaurants, young innovators, and international airports.
- Recent visitors to Israel include the presidents of Ukraine and Germany, Vietnam’s deputy prime minister, and Liberia’s senate president, and Australian and British politicians; 173 American paratroopers, Jordanian pilots, U.S. FAA Administrator, actor-comedian Jerry Seinfeld, Latin pop sensation Enrique Iglesias, 600 swimmers from 47 countries, and 250 Palestinian students from Gaza en route to studying in Europe.
(Lots more at http://www.BroaderView.org/News)