Copy
Fish Island & White Post Lane
View in your browser
Click button to sign petition
Click Here
EEWG NEWSLETTER
AUGUST 2014

Dear Friends

Swan Wharf is at the eastern end of Dace Road next to Old Ford Locks.  The wharf, with its three existing buildings, was included in the very small Fish Island Conservation Area designated by Tower Hamlets Council in 2008.  As you know, this conservation area was extended and renamed by the London Legacy Development Corporation; and now includes the River Lea and Old Ford Locks next to Swan Wharf, making it the most attractive part of the extended conservation area.
 
EEWG was therefore looking forward to a conservation-led approach to the regeneration of Swan Wharf.  To help achieve this, a letter of objection to the planning application for Swan Wharf has been written and sent to the LLDC, on behalf of EEWG.
 
The letter will only count as one objection so please read the letter and online petition, and sign the petition as soon as possible and encourage others to do so.
Click here The deadline for comments is 31 August 2014, but we understand that letters and petitions will be received by LLDC until 12 September 2014.

Click here to download the EEWG letter of objection (PDF)

 Or view on-line here
PETITION TEXT
 
TO THE LONDON LEGACY DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION

We the undersigned object to PA/14/00262/FUL as it would contravene LLDC and all other relevant policies (with regard to locally listed buildings in the conservation area) by:
  • demolishing the locally listed 1906-12 three-storey stable block at Swan Wharf (except for the two outer walls seen from Dace road) and erecting a much wider six-storey building on the site and a large part of the yard.
  • erecting a large four-storey building in the yard at Swan Wharf, directly alongside the 1904 engineering workshop and forge by the River Lea.
  • removing the wall crane from the cantilevered steel frame of the former barge loading canopy near Old Ford Locks, and inserting three balconies.

We are in favour of regeneration and additional workspace in the Fish Island & White Post Lane Conservation Area and in conformity with LLDC and all other relevant policies, we expect that:
  • the three-storey stable block is repaired and adapted for flexible workspace on all three floors.
  • the yard is “retained for creative and productive uses”.
  • the wall crane is retained and the integrity of the former barge loading canopy is not compromised by the insertion of balconies.
Go to petition and sign
  East End Waterway Group
PATRON JIM FITZPATRICK MP POPLAR AND LIMEHOUSE
Local residents, schools, community groups, amenity societies and businesses working with the Canal & River Trust, Tower Hamlets Council and others for the protection and beneficial use of the six mile waterway ‘ring’, its historic buildings, structures and habitats.
2014 EAST END WATERWAY GROUP, Some rights reserved.


unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences 

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp