Health Essentials is still open for enrollment and I have a special guest blog to share with you, but before we get there I've got an exercise for you...
THIS WEEK'S INTENTION:
CHOOSE YOUR RULES
First of all, I think it's safe to say that I'm not the biggest fan of rules (punk rock forever!!!). Every so often, I like to reflect on whose rules I'm living by. Let me explain...
I used to think the following rules about health were true:
- The way fitness models look on magazine covers is the way healthy people should look.
- If you don't focus on eating clean all the time and shame yourself when you don't, you're not eating healthy enough.
- If you're not wrecked after each workout, you didn't work out hard enough.
Since my own recovery and working with tons of different kinds of people, I've realized that none of the rules above are true. In fact, many are dangerous and definitely contributed to my eating disorder.
I used to govern my life and my training practice by those, rules, babe. I lived in perpetual shame about not doing or being enough.
When I started examining where these rules came from and their validity, I had the revelation that many of them were created by stigmatizing, unhealthy people and organizations! They want us to conform to their standards because they keep us feeling like shit about ourselves; it makes us malleable.
This week, examine whose rules you're living by and why:
- Do they help you feel better about yourself, or do they keep you feeling bad about who you are?
- What's the reality that you'll ever feel good about yourself if you keep living by those rules?
- Who profits from you living by these rules?
All I wish for you is freedom and feel-goods. That's it. If you're not feeling good in your body and your mind on the regular, it's probably time to reevaluate whose rules you're living by and how to switch 'em up.
If you've decided you want to change the rules you live by when it comes to health, I hope you'll let me guide you with SIO Health Essentials.
SIO Health Essentials is OPEN!!!