Kia Ora Mana members and Merry Xmas, as this is the last letter for 2018.
Your committee have been focused on delivering the processes advised in the last newsletter. As I write this the clubs power is currently off and our new main electrical distribution board is being installed, ready for the kitchen refurbishment commencing from the 21st December.
The trial involving relocation of cradles to the East yard to make more room for trailer boat parking, reducing ramp congestion and remove H&S risks associated with conducting both services from the main yard, is well underway. In December we will create two trailer boat wash points adjacent to the club, away from the launch ramp to further reduce congestion
Our restaurant contractors have resigned effective 20th December 2018, on behalf of the Mana Cruising Club I thank Steve and Val for the services provided the Mana Cruising Club as well as the invaluable assistant in working with your committee in handing over restaurant operations. The club restaurant will re-pen with its own employees late January 2019, the start of a new era, with a new menu and pricing. Members will be able to order wine with food and as we will operate both restaurant and bar with our own staff we will be able to serve tables as well. We really need your support going forward, it’s your club and staff now so please work with us to ensure we get the mix of price, service delivery and menu right.
Several CV’s have been received for the new Club Manager’s role, some initial interviews taken place, we are reviewing the job description and employment terms, with the view to having this person appointed to work with the new restaurant opening. Once appointed the following Eletter will include a bio of our new Club Manager, their experience, and a few words from them about their goals for our club.
* Thursday 6th December I will provide an update on the Joint Venture negotiations with the Marina Company and have a revised “Option 5” yard layout drawing on a board in the club house for members review.
* On the 6th December I will also advise of the date for a Special General Meeting to be held regarding the yard restructure plans, currently it is anticipated the date will be early February 2019.
* Kitchen closed from 20th December to 20th January, while dining will be closed over this period, we will be able to provide microwave meals and barbecue food while the kitchen is closed to ensure we comply with our Bar Licence requirements.
* We are also having the main wardroom floors resurfaced over Xmas and kitchen work will cause some disruption to this facility, so alternatives will be notified. With the restaurant and wardroom work, the club will operate from the upstairs bar for some evenings, refer to the notice board as you walk in.
* Thank you for all the trailer boat owner responses to the recent survey, the information received is valuable and many of your issued are being dealt with in Option 5 plan being presented on the 6th December so please attend this club night, see what we’re doing, ask questions and be part of this process.
* Some changes will also be noticed soon in our yard operations, we have another person helping Colin part time and we hope to have our new cradle/lift web portal booking system and website and yard restructure work online early next year.
I look forward to meeting and hearing from you what you think of our progress and changes. Feel free to email me on firstname.lastname@example.org your concerns or ideas, we need your feedback. With so much going on we will continue seeking your views with targeted member surveys over the coming year.
Meanwhile, on behalf of your committee, we wish you all a Merry Christmas, fair weather and safe journeys.
Back to Top