|Crozet Community Association meets
Thursday, March 12 at 7:30PM at the Field School (1408 Crozet Avenue)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting's minutes (January 8, 2015) (Click here for draft of January 8 minutes)
Treasurer's Report by Emery Taylor ($10 family contribution for 2015 now payable)
Drop-in visit from Albemarle County Police officers (Evening Patrol Division) As part of the Albemarle County Police department community policing.
A Moment in Crozet History (Phil James)
Old Business: Update on merger of Downtown Crozet Association and Crozet Community Association.
New Business: Planning series of Town Hall style meetings about Barnes Lumber property re-development.
Presentation: Ann Mallek's Town Hall Meeting
Future Agenda Items?
This meeting's agenda as well as past meeting minutes are on the Crozet Community Association's (CCA) website.
- First planning meeting for this year’s Crozet Independence Day Celebration (CIDC) is Tuesday, March 17, at 7:30 PM at the Crozet Firehouse. All are welcome to attend.
- Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting is Wednesday, March 18 at 7:00 PM at the Meadows Community Center. NOTE the change of location for just this meeting! Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Household Waste Amnesty Days at the Ivy Material Utilization Center (IMUC) in Ivy,
- Furniture/Mattresses on Saturday, March 14, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Appliances on Saturday, March 21, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Tires on Saturday, March 28, 2015 from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM
- Crozet Trails Crew Trail Maintenance Workshop at Mint Springs on Saturday, March 21 from 8:30 - 12:30. This exciting learning opportunity will be led by Albemarle County Parks and Recreation representatives Dan Mahon and Tucker Rollins, who will train us in trail planning, design, construction, and maintenance, with an emphasis on safety. A pizza lunch will follow the workshop, so please RSVP by March 20 to Jessica@crozettrailscrew.org. (http://crozettrailscrew.org)
The next CTC monthly meeting will be held on Thursday, March 26, 6:30 - 8:00 pm at a NEW LOCATION, La Joya restaurant in Old Trail Town Center (where Anna's used to be).
- Field School Bids & BBQ Bash on Saturday, March 21 at 6:00 PM. $20 Adults, & 10 children. Ticket buys food, beer & wine. Enjoy a fun evening of music by Sarah White, Local BBQ & drihk. Bid on unique items and amazing experiences during the silent auction. All to support The Field School of Charlottesville. For more information call: 434-923-3435.
(Click here for PDF version of this agenda)
We need your help make the Fifth Annual Crozet Swing Dance Fundraiser a success.
It takes a village to put on a swing dance. If you can help for an hour at the dance, help decorate in the morning, bake a pie, or provide drinks or snacks, please sign-up at:
All about the Fifth Annual Crozet Swing Dance Fundraiser
The dance is a fundraiser for the Crozet Volunteer Fire Department (CVFD) and the Western Albemarle Rescue Squad (WARS) Admission is a $20 per person donation. Active duty first responders get in free. 100% of the admission dollars will go to these agencies.
A free swing dance lesson by by Taylor Moore of Terry Dean’s Blue Light Ballroom and his dance partner, Jessica Moore, will be offered at 7:00 PM followed by three hours of music from 8-11 pm.
Music is being donated by the local band, Salute to Swing, a 16 piece big band provides great dancing and listening music from the forties and fifties. Details about the band at http://www.spiderwebllc.com/salute2swing/
Light refreshments and snacks, including beer and wine will be available.
The Crozet Community Association will hold a pie contest and a Pi costume contest for all ages, since it’s 3/14/15, which is the first five digits of Pi, 3.1415.
You can bake a pie, buy raffle tickets to be a judge of the pies, buy a slice of pie or where a “Pi” or “pie” costume. However you slice it, it’s fun for the whole family.
Thanks for your support of your local first responders.
Question: Email us at: CrozetCommunity@gmail.com or visit us online at: http://crozetcommunity.org
Like this even on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crozet-Swing-Dance-Fundraiser-for-CVFD-and-WARS/105332626211175
Items worth knowing about...
Crozet Community Advisory Council meeting is Wednesday, March 18 at 7:00 PM at the Meadows Community Center. NOTE the CHANGED LOCATION back to the Meadows Community Center. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
Their agenda and their past meeting minutes are posted on our website at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/ccac-info
Magnetic Crozet crest stickers!
The Crozet crest stickers are now available as a magnetic sticker for a minimum suggested donation of $3 per magnetic sticker. Available at the Crozet Hardware on The Square, the Crozet Gazette office, or online at CCA Square Marketplace or at our bi-monthly CCA meeting. The stick-on bumper stickers continue to be freely available at stores around Crozet. Email us if you can't find one at your favorite Crozet shop. Details about the Crozet Crest are posted on the CCA website.