REGISTRATION NOW OPEN | December 6 | Statewide Broadband Boot Camp
Sign up today for this expanded, statewide UWEX Broadband & E-Commerce Education Center Broadband Boot Camp DECEMBER 6, Hotel Mead, Wisconsin Rapids. This year's event combines the best of previous boot camps, with a focus on moving from talk to action. The day features "best of" examples and workshops for pathways and strategies to move your community forward on access to broadband, as well as adoption and utilization of broadband for community and economic development.
Broadband & E-Commerce Education Center News
- Three Crawford County neighbors decided they had about enough of slow and inadequate internet service and they set out to do something about it. It started with a simple call to Wisconsin State Senator Jennifer Shilling’s office and it just took off from there. Crawford Independent News
- “Broadband in Rural Wisconsin: Taking Steps Forward” teleconference
10-11:30 am. Cost: $20.00. This session will provide an overview of broadband access, as well as efforts underway to increase not only access but adoption and utilization in rural Wisconsin. Presenters: Angie Dickinson (PSC State Broadband Office), Mary Kluz and Maria Alvarez-Stroud (UW-Extension Broadband & E-Commerce Education Center). Questions: Local Government Center (608) 262-9960. To register call (608) 262-0810 or visit http://lgc.uwex.edu.
- New Research on Broadband and Job Creation, SNG
- The Pew Research Center reported recently that while only 1 percent of 18- to 29-year-olds don't go online, the same is true for about 41 percent of adults older than 65, Fox NewsVirtual Classrooms Can Be As Unequal as Real Ones, The Atlantic
- Smart Phones Help Those Without Broadband Get Online, but Don't Necessarily Bridge the Digital Divide, Pew Research
- Report on states' restrictions on municipal broadband networks and how communities can mitigate these laws’ impact, Craig Settles
- Average Residential Broadband Costs by Country: U.S. Ranks 13th, via Benton Foundation
- Updated report: Digital Divide Index, Roberto Gallardo, MSU
Follow up-to-the-minute broadband news via our Twitter feed @WI_Broadband (#broadband)
Find archived Broadband ENews here