It's safe, just your friends from winedown cafe!

winedown
622-624 Penn Ave
West Reading, PA 19611
610.373.4907

 
Whiskey Bar Hours:
FRIDAY - SATURDAY
4PM -12AM
 
Valentine’s Week Special Features
Call to make your reservation today: 610-373-4907

Appetizer:
FRIED OYSTER TOSTADA / mixed greens, pumpkin seed vinaigrette & sharp cheddar 

Entrées:
LOBSTER RISOTTO / tomato, tarragon & goat cheese 
SEARED DUCK BREAST/ blackberry ginger sauce, roasted fingerling potatoes & asparagus
 
Desserts:
WARM CHOCOLATE COBBLER / salted caramel gelato 
NEW YORK STYLE CHEESECAKE / with raspberry compote 

Brunch Series Continues
Sunday 2/16/2020
Valentine Brunch!
 
Taking reservations between 10:30 am - 2pm
Reservations require a $10 deposit, which will get you a
carafe of sparkling wine & orange juice
 
Reserve your seat today!
SCRAMBLED EGGS, w/ pan fried red potatoes & bacon 
STEAK AND EGGS, filet mignon, sunny side up eggs and pan fried red potatoes 
OMELET Aged gouda, caramelized onion & bacon w/pan fried red potatoes 
EGGS BENEDICT toast, prosciutto w/artichokes/pepper hollandaise 
CHEDDAR BACON WAGYU BEEF SLIDERS onion, pickle, garlic aioli 
BISCUITS & GRAVY country style sausage gravy and house biscuits  
CAESAR SALAD w/candied bacon, & deviled egg 
cider vinaigrette.. Add: $3.5 chicken, $5 swordfish, $5 Shrimp, $7.5 bistro filet

Call today or stop in for your exclusive
winedown brunch event reservations.
 
Prepayment is required, so call or stop in!

Wine Dinner Featuring 
Sarah Troxell
Of Galen Glen Winery

Date: Monday Feb 24th @ 6:30 pm
Cost: $85 per person tax and tip included

ONLY 8 SPOTS REMAIN!
Click here for menu!

Pre-payment is required, so call or stop in!
FINE PRINT: If you cancel 48 hours prior to class you will be issued a winedown Gift Card.


Wine Intelligence:

2004
Year the film Sideways debuted, inadvertently launching a new American love affair with pinot noir. Now a stage adaption—Sideways, The Experience—is headed to Off Broadway, Feb 20 to April 12, at the Theatre at St. Clement’s in New York City. The adaptation was written by Rex Pickett, author of the novel.  On-line wine retailer, Wine Access, has curated a “pre-show wine experience” for each performance.
 

Napa

Napa Valley is a specific AVA (American Viticulture Area) that takes up a little less than a third of the land area of Napa County. Napa Valley is a contiguous strip of land bordered by two mountain ranges--the Vaca Range to the east and the Mayacamas Mountains to the west. If a wine label says Napa Valley, no less than 85% of the grapes must come specifically from vineyards located in the Napa Valley AVA. The other 15% can come from anywhere, including vineyards which lie outside of the Napa Valley AVA but within Napa County.  If a wine is made with less than 85% Napa Valley-grown grapes and the rest were from the greater Napa County area, it would carry the Napa County AVA.  As of this writing, we don’t know of any winery making just Napa County AVA wines.
 

Information courtesy of Karen MacNeil & Company:
The Wine Bible

winedown Hours:
TUESDAY -THURSDAY 4PM -11PM
FRIDAY - SATURDAY 4PM -12AM
KITCHEN HOURS - till 10PM Nightly
LIMITED LATE NIGHT MENU AFTER 10PM
 
Copyright © 2020 winedown cafe & wine bar llc., All rights reserved.